Look at this

Maybe its not the most insane example of this but this was the only one I can find, the thing is, i cant do it. How do you do it? I'd love to practice this technique i just have no idea how to do it. I can slap pretty well right now if I do say so myself, i can tackle some very complicated and quick riffs, but i cant do this, is there a certain technique or way you pop?

Oh and the videos a pimp too, but id really like to know how to do this!!
Last edited by stevetravale at Aug 23, 2006,
nobody post the jean vid
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.
to slap, you basically whack the corner of your thumb off the string, to pop, just kind of pull up the string

also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyRKnygTR9g thats how you mario it
Member #15 of the 'Guitarists born in 1991 club' PM blues_rocker greendayguitar or gdm09 to join.
Quote by cockzit
I also told a girl I knew how to make bombs and I was suspended from school. I hate snitches, I swear.

LOLZNESS
i find it helps to be able to pop with your three fingers, instead of only two, just for convienence purposes, but the begining of that video is just alot of hammer-ons and pull-offs. not that it isnt good, because i shure as hell couldnt do it, but, if u really tried, you could just look at his hand motions and study them, because hes good and has good technique.
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
Quote by buddy_bomber
to slap, you basically whack the corner of your thumb off the string, to pop, just kind of pull up the string

also

Oh I know how to pop and slap, slap and pop, whatever you want to call it. .

But how the hell do you pop that fast, it sounds like hes popping a bunch of times at once.
Quote by The*Music*Man
i find it helps to be able to pop with your three fingers, instead of only two, just for convienence purposes, but the begining of that video is just alot of hammer-ons and pull-offs. not that it isnt good, because i shure as hell couldnt do it, but, if u really tried, you could just look at his hand motions and study them, because hes good and has good technique.

Alright ill check out the video again and see if I can get it down thanks

**sorry double post, i meant to copy and past that into my last post.
Quote by buddy_bomber

also

MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.
Ha, I think I know that guy. and I didn't know he played bass
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.