I am wanting your oppinions on these two amps and some adv. and disadv. of them.
i played them both today and i loved the hot rod's clean tone but the overdrive was weak on it. The traynor had a good clean and good distortion, but definately not fender cleans. If i get the hot rod i am thinking of a distortion or overdrive pedal.
so here it is.....

Traynor YCV50 BLUE

or

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe /w an ibanez tubescreamer
(any other pedal suggestions?)

I play post rock stuff so i like good cleans but i also need intense distortion when the time comes.
will the pedal do this with the fender, or will the crappy distortion carry on?
I have a Hot rod and the distortion is great for classic rock/blues and stuff like that. I doubt a tubescreamer would get much more gain then the overdrive of the amp so theres probably no point there (though I've never tried it so I could be wrong and I hope that if I am someone says something). However what I do is throw a DS-1 which is only a $40 pedal infront of it and wow. Hot rod+DS-1= A distortion sound that will kick you in the face if not properly prepared to hear it. Though I don't think it will be good for metal so if you play metal you might want to experiment with the MT-2 or something. I've heard good things about the MT-2 and you may just want to get that because it will sound just as good as the DS-1 (maybe better) and it has more gain andddd more tone shaping abilites. I don't know its up to you. But I love my Hot rod+ds-1 combo.
thanks. what kind of distortion can you get with the DS-1, does it have a wide variety from like low gain anthem like stuff like the arcade fire to basically classic rock?
what about soloing? can you get a kind of david gilmour comfortably numb sound with it?
For a tone like Comfortably Numb all you need is the amp, a guitar with single coil pick ups and a chorus or flanger pedal just set the drive to an acceptable amount, step on it and the chorus or flanger and you're all set. The DS-1 works nicely for the soloing as well but it will sound thicker. I don't listen to Arcade Fire but it can get fairly low gain (if you want low gain just use the amp) but I can get a big thick Nirvana type distortion from the DS-1 with the gain all the way up. Basicly the Hot rod+DS-1 at full gain= Big nasty Marshall tube ovdrive, and I love it.
thanks a lot man. helped me out a bunch. im going into L&M tomorrow and ill put a boss DS-1 infront of it and try'er out.
thanks a bunch.
I'd probably get the traynor (i've only tried the 40, though)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Traynor YCV40 comes with Celstion 70/80s, while the 50Blue comes with vintage 30's... I'd go with the latter.
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster (Sunburst Finish)
Washburn X-Series Electric (Black Finish)
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic (Black Finish)
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack
Quote by fisher6
The Traynor YCV40 comes with Celstion 70/80s, while the 50Blue comes with vintage 30's... I'd go with the latter.

To clarify, the YCV40WR comes with the vintage 30.
Hot Rod hands down. I was in your same position about a year ago (DeVille/YCV50 Blue) and I chose the DeVille (bigger version of Deluxe) and I am VERY happy I did. You can always improve on overdrive/distortion sounds, but you can't improve cleans. I highly reccommend a Jekyll & Hyde pedal with the Deluxe. Thats what I have and it works great. If you have any questions about the amp/pedal, feel free to ask.
Quote by charvel_man

I am buying you an e-beer HomerHitter *Buys*
how do these three amps listed here handel classic to hard rock. Just curios as im on the hunt for anew amp.
^^^^^^Get a Hot rod and use a DS-1 with it for hard rock and the overdrive of the amp for classic rock and you're all set
well i just recently bought a Traynor YCV50 and i can easily say its the happiest decision i've made in improving my tone....i play tons of cleans and while the cleans on fenders are obviously nice dont get the idea that traynor pale in comparison.

for reference the recording in this other post of mine was played through my YCV50...granted its recorded with a crappy computer mic:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418368
well ive already bought the fender hot rod deluxe. i am the thread starter and i love the amp so muhc. i bought a DS-1 with it and i can pump cleans and distortions like nobody's business.
thanks everyone for the imput
Ibanez RG770DX /w Floyd Rose & Stock Pickups
Aria AK-80 Classical Concert Guitar
Boss DS-1
Boss TU-2
Electro-Harmonix Russian Big Muff Pi
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Heet Sound Ebow
Quote by michaelcyborg
well ive already bought the fender hot rod deluxe. i am the thread starter and i love the amp so muhc. i bought a DS-1 with it and i can pump cleans and distortions like nobody's business.
thanks everyone for the imput

Good move.