I'm looking at either of these. I play alot of different types of metal, but the bands that I play the most are Testament, Arch Enemy, Megadeth, Dream Theater, and Pantera.

I know Arch Enemy used Peaveys, but would the Dual Rec give me a sound similar to this? And what, in your opinion, is superior and why?
Quote by rocknrollgod
dude from a peavey user and owner. a 6505 would own a dual rec at metal any day

True, but I'd retube it with a high gain set of tubes from Eurotubes, they just make it alot better.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Quote by rocknrollgod
dude from a peavey user and owner. a 6505 would own a dual rec at metal any day

not really. its all taste when comaring these two amps. They are both very good at heavy music, but they sound completely different. Ive owned a regular 5150 and a modded 6505 and now a Triple Recto and I love both. (im actually buying another 5150 soon hopefully! lol). The Dual Recto would be a little more versitile because of all the different modes and channels.

You really have to go out and try them both and decide for yourself. Theyre both awesome fnckin amps man...but they both have their own sound..
mmm, 5150 head or combo is definitely on my "to have" list. Both are kickass amps IMO.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids