I have

Ibanez GRS100FM
GK Backline 112

should i get

GK 1001RB (and what cab(s) should i get for it)
or
Fender American Jazz Bass
Fender American Strat --> Vox Crybaby --> Keeley Rat --> Marshall AVT 100
I don't know what cab to tell you to get but I'd suggest getting the Amp first because I've heard that's where most of your tone comes from?
Id go with the fender jazz, unless that backline is a terrible amp, but I doubt it is because its a GK amp. And do you really need that big of an amp? Im not saying big isnt good, just for what you play do you need a bigger amp?
Jazz. the backline will probably be alright for the time being
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by jcphockey7
I have

Ibanez GRS100FM
GK Backline 112

should i get

GK 1001RB (and what cab(s) should i get for it)
or
Fender American Jazz Bass

are you gonna be playing large gigs? if not, go for the jazz
Quote by Soma3009
An interesting Thread. IN BIZARRO WORLD! HAH.

Quote by FakePlsticTrees
and props, clapping and bows to you mantiscabinet.
Geddy Lee sig Jazz bass.
End of story

..well, maybe not for you, but the bass is amazing, plays like an american, and goes for less.
im in a band so i might need the bigger amp as my backline was really just my practice amp. but im probably going to go with the jazz. because the ibanez sucks compared to that thing, and i can probly jack the backline into a PA system if i have to at a show.

To the poster who asked about the Backline, i don't have a lot of experience with bass amps, but the 12 inch is a lot better than the 10 inch, because i originally got the 10, but traded it in because it tended to buzz a little at higher volumes/ lower notes.

I really only considered getting the 1001RB because i played it at the store, and loved the sound, because i could turn it up and not loose the crisp sound of the notes. i think its either the acoustics of my playing space, but probably the backlineamp itself, that makes things sound a little muddy at times.
Fender American Strat --> Vox Crybaby --> Keeley Rat --> Marshall AVT 100
If you just started, maybe look into lessons? They're super helpful for everything.

If not, you can get a mid-end bass and a 700RB-II or something?
haha