ok my right arm has been getting really sore as i play. i can play for as long as i want but i cnat play continuosly through even just a whole song without forcing the **** out my myself and it really hurts. ive never had this problem before. even while i brush my teeth my arm gets somewhat sore
can i just ask, when you strum do you use your arm to move your hand? if so this is just gonna waste energy and fatigue your arm, try turning your wrist to move your hand.

if you do that already then it could be a problem with your stance
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by tommyt
can i just ask, when you strum do you use your arm to move your hand? if so this is just gonna waste energy and fatigue your arm, try turning your wrist to move your hand.

if you do that already then it could be a problem with your stance

yea i only use my wrist. the only time i use my arm is when im strumming open position or barre chords, whicch isnt very often
DO NOT KEEP GOING thats not good for you if it hurts take a break thats lactic acid
Take some time off. Ice the area down a couple of times aday.

I have recently had problems with my arm too, just above my wrist. I havent played in 3 days and I have 2 brand new guitars. Yep pain sucks.

Good Luck!
i called my really smart friend yesterday and asked him about it. he said it might be a pinched nerve?
Look at your playing. No one seems to want to do that. If your arm (or anywhere
else) is tensed up into a big giant knot when playing, you can probably expect
it to hurt after a while. Relax. Not only will the pain go away, your playing will
get better.

Tension is about the only way you can hurt yourself on guitar. Most people get
so used to it, they think it's normal and claim that they're totally relaxed. But if
you really look for it, you'll find it. Everyone gets it at some time or other.
Pinched nerve is possible. I'm assuming you're younger than 20 if its that or tendonitis thats not very good. I'd be concerned since you said it hurts even when brushing your teeth. See a doctor asap.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
play standing up, sometimes when i practice sitting down and my arm is in an awkward position it starts to hurt
Check with a doctor. I'm in a similar position at the moment and haven't been able to play for about a month. Doctors think I have either bursitis or tendonitis. It's extremely painful.

However, the first line of treatment a doctor will advice is ibuprophen. Take some Advil or Motrin as directed and unless its severe damage, the pain should go away in a few days. Also rest the arm and ice the affected areas.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Just keep going passed it but take breaks when it gets too bad, it happened to me once, i just stopped for a couple of minutes, got my hand/arm going again then just took breaks when pain came, it'll go eventually
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Just keep going passed it but take breaks when it gets too bad, it happened to me once, i just stopped for a couple of minutes, got my hand/arm going again then just took breaks when pain came, it'll go eventually

You're talkign about simple practice pain, and yes, it's good to 'go past it' and take breaks. But it sounds like he's got a bigger problem similar to mine, and continuing to play in that condition will only aggravate the injury and possibly cause permanent damage.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
First thing that came to mind when reading this was tendonitis. especially since you said the part about brushing yoru teeth hurting. See a doctor cause that's not normal. Also, don't play your guitar until you do see a doctor, cause the motion can aggrivate an injury like that (I know, I've done it!!).
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Quote by Crunchmeister
Check with a doctor. I'm in a similar position at the moment and haven't been able to play for about a month. Doctors think I have either bursitis or tendonitis. It's extremely painful.

However, the first line of treatment a doctor will advice is ibuprophen. Take some Advil or Motrin as directed and unless its severe damage, the pain should go away in a few days. Also rest the arm and ice the affected areas.

well wat i have inst really extremly painful. after playing for about 20 or so seconds straight my upper right arm starts to tense up and i cant help it at all. it keeps getting worse until i eventually have to stop
Quote by into the moat
can tendonitis be treated?

Physical therapy
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
It might be Carpal Tunnel syndrome. Google Phalen's test or Tinnel's test and do them on your arm. If the symptoms feel similar, it's likely to be Carpal Tunnel. Either way, you will probably have to see a doctor to get it sorted out. It is treatable though, as is tendonitis, so don't panic, but you should certainly get it checked out if it's bothering you that much.
Dude, if your arm gets tired from brushing your teeth then go see a doctor. Forget how tired your arm gets when playing guitar, the teeth brushing is a sure sign that something is wrong.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.