hey guys im in a band and i need a new amp, i dont wanna spend a ton of money, do you have any suggestions of types of amps that are good? more then thirty watts definatly
what style of music do you play, and what's your budget. Also, location will help.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
mostly new rock, some punk, a little grunge, and classic rock
budget wise, 400 or less,
also im near cleveland
probably one of the Vox AD series would work well for that. That or one of the smaller tube amps, like the Fender HR or Peavey classic series if you can find one in that pricerange. You'll probably want an OD with any tube amp you get though. What kind of stores to you have near you where you can test gear out, and do you mind using eBay or your local craigslist, classifieds for used deals?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
a guitar center and a sam ash are close, then just a couple local stores
oh, well then you definiltey have some good places to test out gear. Even if you decide to buy them used off eBay or something, you can test them out beforehand at GC or Sam Ash. As long as you are diligent about checking out their feedback and ratings, you can usually get killer deals on eBay. Craigslist is also a goldmine for great cheap gear if the circumstances are right. That's a great resource, having those large stores to try stuff. I would look at the tube amps I suggested, like the Fender HRD, Peavey Classic 50, and maybe some of the Marshall DSL series if you can find them cheap enough. The Vox is also a very nice amp for being SS, it really has some good tones you can get out of it. Look at the AD50VT in particular, it has a Celestion speaker which is one of the better ones on the market. The Roland Cube series is also a very popular amp around here, mostly revered for the higher gain stuff howeverf. If you do go tube amp, they cut thru a little better than SS with other instruments, and don't start clipping bad when you crank them but rather sound "better", so they are very attractive even at lower wattage ratings.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Aug 23, 2006,