I want to buy a classic sounding guitar. I have a budget of about $600, but I'd want something preferably $550 before pickup change. I play chords for a band, so I'd rather a guitar that plays better with chords than lead, but I do play some lead. I've pretty much narrowed my decision down to 2 guitars

A PRS Custom SE

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-Guitars-SE-Custom-Electric-Guitar?
sku=519370

Or a PRS Santana with tremolo

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-Guitars-Santana-SE-with-Tremolo-Electric-Guitar?sku=519902

I don't play metal at all except for Metallica (Kill em All - ...And Justice for All) and some of Maiden. If you would like to recommend a guitar other than one of the 2 PRS's go right ahead. I DO NOT like Ibanezs so please do not recommend that I get one. I play some blues, like I said, only metal from 2 bands, but mainly classic rock. Some bands that I would like to have the sound of are Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, The Who, The Doors, The Rolling Stones, Cream, CSNY, The Yard Birds, The Byrds, The Doors, Bob Dylan, and a few others. But the main sound I'd like would be Floyd, Led Zepplin, and The Doors.

Thanks for reading/and or posting.
Last edited by Dilweed at Aug 23, 2006,
Quote by Dilweed
I want to buy a classic sounding guitar. I have a budget of about $600, but I'd want something preferably $550 before pickup change. I play chords for a band, so I'd rather a guitar that plays better with chords than lead, but I do play some lead. I've pretty much narrowed my decision down to 2 guitars

A PRS Custom SE

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-Guitars-SE-Custom-Electric-Guitar?
sku=519370

Or a PRS Santana with tremolo

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-Guitars-Santana-SE-with-Tremolo-Electric-Guitar?sku=519902

I don't play metal at all except for Metallica (Kill em All - ...And Justice for All) and some of Maiden. If you would like to recommend a guitar other than one of the 2 PRS's go right ahead. I DO NOT like Ibanezs so please do not recommend that I get one. I play some blues, like I said, only metal from 2 bands, but mainly classic rock. Some bands that I would like to have the sound of are Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, The Who, The Doors, The Rolling Stones, Cream, CSNY, The Doors, Bob Dylan, and a few others. But the main sound I'd like would be Floyd, Led Zepplin, and The Doors.

Thanks for reading/and or posting.

A Fender HSS Strat would be nice because of the wide range of music you play. The PRS are great, too. Why don't you try them out first, though. What amp do you have?
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
A Fender HSS Strat would be nice because of the wide range of music you play. The PRS are great, too. Why don't you try them out first, though. What amp do you have?

Well, I don't really want a Strat because the lead of my band is getting a standard strat possibly and I would rather not have the same guitar as him. Just more of a different sound. I don't have an amp even at the moment....I've used an acoustic ever since I've been playing. I'm getting a Fender Hot Rod Deville though.
Quote by Guitargod1217
u could get an epiphone les paul custom

I've seen them and they look nice. They are $600 though, and I'd rather something $550 but I hear the high end agiles are every bit as good except cheaper, and I wonder how the agile double neck is......
you aint getting a prs for 600 bucks
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Quote by soul_power
i would go w/ the santana but thats j/ me. if i had the money i would get a custom 24

Lol who wouldn't like a custom 24? But it's (just a tiny bit......) out of my price range. And I'm leaning more on the Santana side, but the neck for the Custom SE is fatter which will be better for playing chords, but I like the pickguard (I know I can exchange the one on the SE, but I'd be hard to find one like the Santana) and the tremolo for the Santana, I also love the tobacco sunburst.
Quote by Sean-Man
you aint getting a prs for 600 bucks

Well, take a look at the links.......They're even cheaper than $600.....