Page 1 of 2
okay well i've been thinking...
should i sell my schecter c-1 elite to get the syn custom?
(i'll be selling other stuff too to get the money.not just my guitar..paintball gun some pedals etc.)

but yeah...
any advice?
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail
BBE Sonic-Stomp Sonic Maximizer.

Member #24 of the EHX Guild
Judging by your name you like A7X hey me too

Depends I dont know I am deciding between the NEWER Schecter C1 FR and the Syn Custom

also paintball? man unless you got the hookups its gunna burn a bigger hole in your pocket lol it did in mine and well im broke now...(stupid brother forgot his money -_-)

If you really want the A7X one go for it ;D but yeah wait till it comes out to see what people say on it.. it does come with invaders what Synyster Gates(Brian Haner Jr. lead guitar) uses a lot of people dislike invaders...

also before you get a new guitar what amp do you got maybe you need to upgrade that first(if its a bad amp)
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
Quote by Ka$h
Judging by your name you like A7X hey me too

Depends I dont know I am deciding between the NEWER Schecter C1 FR and the Syn Custom

also paintball? man unless you got the hookups its gunna burn a bigger hole in your pocket lol it did in mine and well im broke now...(stupid brother forgot his money -_-)

If you really want the A7X one go for it ;D but yeah wait till it comes out to see what people say on it.. it does come with invaders what Synyster Gates(Brian Haner Jr. lead guitar) uses a lot of people dislike invaders...

also before you get a new guitar what amp do you got maybe you need to upgrade that first(if its a bad amp)

yeah i know,everyone seems to not be the biggest fan of invaders.

i have a crate crate gt65r

it's pretty good.
well atleast i like it..lol.
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail

the invaders would only sound good through a high end tube amp, so stay away from the syn custom.

if you like the shape, get the hellraiser avenger, better pickups, better finish, cheaper
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know
EMG's all the way. i suggest the hellraiser avenger, since i have one, and its amazing. later on im probably gonna get the syn custom, or the hellraiser C-1 FR, but im having issues deciding, but get the hellraiser avenger. the red one, its sooooo awesome.
Go get your shovel.
Personally, I believe that the new Syn signature is stupid looking. But hey, if you like the looks go for it.

I still say you should get the newer model c1-fr. It's cheaper.
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Runner Up for best guitarist...

Meh better than nothing
yeah the syn custom imo looks cool haha dont flame its imo but yeah if you dont definitely go for a newer c1 fr jus about the same thing dif looks and pups thats it the hellraiser fr has EMGs
I need a new guitar
Quote by Ka$h
yeah the syn custom imo looks cool haha dont flame its imo but yeah if you dont definitely go for a newer c1 fr jus about the same thing dif looks and pups thats it the hellraiser fr has EMGs

Lol, why would I flame you? That's your opinion and I respect it.

Personally I love the body shape, I just hate the "pimp stripes". How lame.
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Runner Up for best guitarist...

Meh better than nothing
Quote by Ka$h

hit and a miss the C1 FR has a lfr compared to the hellraiser FR which has an OFR so yeh
seriously speaking how much do you like syn gates? there are some more versatile schecters around for less money that his sig. But then i despise pretty much the whole concept of buying sig guitars, so really its up to you.......even if you go for a standard schecter model with emg's instead of invaders they still aint gonna sound too great through your crate....but in the end its completely your choice.
I like a7x as well . but if you want to get it just cause its HIS guitar , then no . i wouldnt . but i do love the body design and pickups . there for i agree with SYNGATES7X , get the hellraiser avenger . i played one and that thing is so sweet .
Gear: Ibanez RG350ex , Schecter Gryphon , Paul Reed Smith Santana SE , Fender Standard Splatter Strat , Peavy Raptor ,Carvin v3 , Peavey cab . BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay , flanger ,super overdrive , turbo distortion ,and DIME Crybaby From Hell.
oo really its a LFR im guessing those are bad? compared to the OFR?
I need a new guitar
whoa alot of reply's...
well..let's see if i can get them all

well i really like the shape of the avenger..but if i get the red one i already have a jackson that same exact color...and the black is too plain.
and if i remember right the avenger has no fr....

as for the c1 fr...i have a c1 elite
so all the difference is EMG'S and a fr....

and yes i have been around fr's...the jackson i have has one.

but i reallylike the synyster custom.
like alot.....
the only thing i have a problem with is the pickup's..
because of all the stuff i've heard about them...
so i'm down to either just keeping my c-1 elite...
or..
buying the syn custom and replacing the pickups if i don't like them....

eh?
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail

if you really like the guitar , get it . i just dont happen to buy signature models . i want my guitar to be the way i like it . not someone else. but it is understandable if you like the same thing and arent getting it just cause it has his name on it . The pickups in that guitar really do only sound good if they are on high end tube amps . so its your call , get the SYN and change the 'pups or keep your c-1 . do you want a FR on the guitar by the way?
Gear: Ibanez RG350ex , Schecter Gryphon , Paul Reed Smith Santana SE , Fender Standard Splatter Strat , Peavy Raptor ,Carvin v3 , Peavey cab . BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay , flanger ,super overdrive , turbo distortion ,and DIME Crybaby From Hell.
Quote by snave2008
if you really like the guitar , get it . i just dont happen to buy signature models . i want my guitar to be the way i like it . not someone else. but it is understandable if you like the same thing and arent getting it just cause it has his name on it . The pickups in that guitar really do only sound good if they are on high end tube amps . so its your call , get the SYN and change the 'pups or keep your c-1 . do you want a FR on the guitar by the way?

the FR is just a plus....well kinda.
haha.
it's not a must have thing.
but it's not like i don't want one either.
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail

yeah me and you are in the same boat there. i want my next guitar to be the C-1 FR . People say FR are great and all but are bitches to get set up and to re-string . i cant tell you how many times i have went down the forum topics and saw titles like "FLOYD ROSE QUESTION " or "HELP , NEW TO FR " . And the nearest guitar shop from me charges ten dollars for re-stringing a floyd rose . So its a matter of do you want to sit down and learn how to work the damn thing , or save money and just play your guitar. i dont need one , but i want one so i can do the squeals like DIME did. (R.I.P.)
Quote by snave2008
yeah me and you are in the same boat there. i want my next guitar to be the C-1 FR . People say FR are great and all but are bitches to get set up and to re-string . i cant tell you how many times i have went down the forum topics and saw titles like "FLOYD ROSE QUESTION " or "HELP , NEW TO FR " . And the nearest guitar shop from me charges ten dollars for re-stringing a floyd rose . So its a matter of do you want to sit down and learn how to work the damn thing , or save money and just play your guitar. i dont need one , but i want one so i can do the squeals like DIME did. (R.I.P.)

yeah i know what you mean
i know how to restring them and whatnot.
because my sister's guitar has a FR and she always has me do everything for it.
so it's not a big thing.
but still...
their alot more complicated when it comes down to having problems with your guitar.
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail

Quote by Austrorammer
the invaders would only sound good through a high end tube amp, so stay away from the syn custom.

if you like the shape, get the hellraiser avenger, better pickups, better finish, cheaper

I play a marshall solid state and my old ****ty ibanez sounds awesome with an its invader. So STFU! you've probably never even played on one.
I say if you have the money get the Hellraiser C-1 FR. It's got good pickups, an OFR, and the Black Cherry finish looks so badass. Thats just my two cents. To sestemfatowel 1. chill out 2. hes right the Invaders will not get a very good sound out of most solid state amps.
true true true.
ahhh...
i think i've decided that i'm going to wait until the syn custom comes out...
play it and see what i think.
and then i'll decide.
anyone know when it ships?
i think i heard september or november....
or something..
lol.
anyone know a more exact date?
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail

Quote by sestemofatowel
I play a marshall solid state and my old ****ty ibanez sounds awesome with an its invader. So STFU! you've probably never even played on one.

You just think it does, you'll learn in time
Ibanez RG3270M Prestige
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Mexican Strat w/ Kinman Woodstock Pickups

Vox Valvetronix AD120VTX (soon to be a Peavey 6505)

Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Dime Cry Baby From Hell
Quote by Bloodening
You just think it does, you'll learn in time

or, you know, he could just like it. you know that whole opinion thing right? where other people take their own preferences, and go by what they think is right, and not by everyone elses opinions? cuz i mean, wow, damn him for thinking for himself.
Go get your shovel.
If you want to pay more $$ for a cheaper product, get the syn custom. If not, get anything else.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Vornik
If you want to pay more $$ for a cheaper product, get the syn custom. If not, get anything else.

ughhh.
everyone keep's saying to look at something else in schecter whenever i already have one.
it's not the fact of me wanting to know what schecter to get
because i have one
if iwanted to get another schecter..well that's what i'm asking
and i really like the syn custom.
but i just wanted to know about the pickups...
i really like the body style/color/inlays.
that's why i'm going with that.
the guitar cannot be worse than my c1 elite.
and i love it.
the only thing i'm worried about is the pups.
and if it turns out bad.
i'll just put knew ones in.
any suggestions?
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail

Quote by SchecterGates
ughhh.
everyone keep's saying to look at something else in schecter whenever i already have one.
it's not the fact of me wanting to know what schecter to get
because i have one
if iwanted to get another schecter..well that's what i'm asking
and i really like the syn custom.
but i just wanted to know about the pickups...
i really like the body style/color/inlays.
that's why i'm going with that.
the guitar cannot be worse than my c1 elite.
and i love it.
the only thing i'm worried about is the pups.
and if it turns out bad.
i'll just put knew ones in.
any suggestions?

You could look outside of schecter. I don't think its wise to buy a guitar because it looks cool and says Syn on it.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Quote by Vornik
You could look outside of schecter. I don't think its wise to buy a guitar because it looks cool and says Syn on it.

that's why i said...."it couldn't be worse than my c1 elite and i love it"
honestly.my c1 elite is the best.
best guitar i've played.
*nods*
and it won't be worse than that.
so even if it's not better than that....
it will still be awesome.
PLUS it will look really good.
except..
i return to the problem of the pickup's.
but i say again...
i will just change them out.
again i say.
any suggestions?
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail

Quote by SchecterGates
that's why i said...."it couldn't be worse than my c1 elite and i love it"
honestly.my c1 elite is the best.
best guitar i've played.
*nods*
and it won't be worse than that.
so even if it's not better than that....
it will still be awesome.
PLUS it will look really good.
except..
i return to the problem of the pickup's.
but i say again...
i will just change them out.
again i say.
any suggestions?

here is where i say EMG's. now you get to see everyone tell me im wrong.
Go get your shovel.
Quote by SynGates7X
here is where i say EMG's. now you get to see everyone tell me im wrong.

i love it when people predict themselfs getting flamed.

especially when their right.
=]

haha.
thanks for the suggestion...
but they seem expensive.
but if they were worth it i wouldn't mind...
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail

Quote by SchecterGates
i love it when people predict themselfs getting flamed.

especially when their right.
=]

haha.
thanks for the suggestion...
but they seem expensive.
but if they were worth it i wouldn't mind...

they are indeed worth it. and im pretty sure they are 100 a piece, which is like 20 bucks more than most other pickups, but they are worth it entirely. i have an 81/85 set and im not sure theres anything else id trade them for.
Go get your shovel.
Quote by SynGates7X
they are indeed worth it. and im pretty sure they are 100 a piece, which is like 20 bucks more than most other pickups, but they are worth it entirely. i have an 81/85 set and im not sure theres anything else id trade them for.

yeah i think their like 80 a peice,if i remember right....
but yeah
i think i heard someone say Dimarzio's were good...
any thoughts?
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail

Quote by SchecterGates
yeah i think their like 80 a peice,if i remember right....
but yeah
i think i heard someone say Dimarzio's were good...
any thoughts?

i dont like them too much. im sure they are good like quality wise, but i prefer the EMG's sound. and i like active pickups more than the passives.
Go get your shovel.
Get a regular Hellraiser Avenger.

That way you can make the guitar yours, instead of having Synyster Gates' name plastered all over your guitar. Gotta agree with you guys that A7X is pretty cool.

EDIT: Oh wow, that picture is really big... changed it.

EDIT AGAIN: Think you could put a FR on that baby?
Last edited by HorridxHopes at Aug 24, 2006,
indeed..i have it, and it is the greatest purchase ive ever made. no i just need to install a killswitch in it, and im set
Go get your shovel.
Quote by HorridxHopes
I just want a whammy for divebombs and stuff. :P

Then ge the hellraiser fr..?
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
yeah, i want them to make a hellraiser avenger FR...in white, and with 2 volume knobs
Go get your shovel.
Quote by HorridxHopes
Get a regular Hellraiser Avenger.

That way you can make the guitar yours, instead of having Synyster Gates' name plastered all over your guitar. Gotta agree with you guys that A7X is pretty cool.

EDIT: Oh wow, that picture is really big... changed it.

EDIT AGAIN: Think you could put a FR on that baby?

lol yeah.
but see.
for that i have my c1 elite.
and i have a jackson the exact same color.
and the only thing different betwen that and my c1 elite is EMG's
and shape....
so it wouldn't be a huge buy..
you know?
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail

Quote by SchecterGates
lol yeah.
but see.
for that i have my c1 elite.
and i have a jackson the exact same color.
and the only thing different betwen that and my c1 elite is EMG's
and shape....
so it wouldn't be a huge buy..
you know?

its still better than it..trust me
Go get your shovel.
Page 1 of 2