so, I've recently become addicted to Wake Up by these, and think its a pretty amazing song. its just so different and stuff. who else here likes them, and is the album worth getting??
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Yup, the album is most certainly worth getting. My fav album of last year without a doubt.
brilliant band, brilliant lyrics but i can only listen to them in small doses.
Brilliant album, although Wake Up is really the only "heavy" (if that) song so if you're looking for that kind of vibe then you might be disapointed.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by pumpkins_rule
Brilliant album, although Wake Up is really the only "heavy" (if that) song so if you're looking for that kind of vibe then you might be disapointed.

nah, i listened to some others on youtube and i've seen Powerout on TV a few times, so its not particularly Wake Up (its not even heavy, just...big. lol)

Quote by metaldud536

The album is definitely worth getting IMO, it's a modern classic IMO.
EP's great as well but I prefer the album
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
I own the album and it worth it. And it's a band from Montréal, which is sooo cool.
Brokeback Lego - Animation Movie I Made

Quote by \GuitarHero/
Our band mascot is a Muffin.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
Quote by jallas
The album is definitely worth getting IMO, it's a modern classic IMO.
EP's great as well but I prefer the album

alice, you just said IMO twice in the same sentence

Quote by metaldud536

The album is definitely worth getting. The EP is... alright. Songs worth getting from it are; Vampire/Forest Fire, Old Flame and the Arcade Fire's best song, IMO, No Cars Go.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
alice, you just said IMO twice in the same sentence

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY SHUT UP!
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
One of the better albums of 2004.

I'd say get it.
Wade in the water, child.
Montreal has lots of great bands and Arcade Fire are definitely one of those.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM Dorkus Malorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.

Please, crit my song!
Vision at the Stairs
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
The album is definitely worth getting. The EP is... alright. Songs worth getting from it are; Vampire/Forest Fire, Old Flame and the Arcade Fire's best song, IMO, No Cars Go.

'No Cars Go' is an awesome song.

Yes, I quite enjoy the arcade fire. I'll agree with jonmcc that I don't listen to them too often.. but when i do, it's the only thing that will suffice. Like arcade fire is all i can listen to for that time.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
so, I've recently become addicted to Wake Up by these, and think its a pretty amazing song. its just so different and stuff. who else here likes them, and is the album worth getting??

The Arcade Fire are truely awesome, both the EP and the album own. If you like 'Wake Up', you might like this video them performing it live with David Bowie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-wEBmLht5g

I loved Funeral and am looking forward to the new album
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx

What about I'm Sleeping In A Submarine? That tune's amazing.
Oh man. Their album is one of the best albums of the decade. No ****. You're missing out if you don't pick it up.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
go and see them live. get the album if youre desperate, but theyre a lot better live... funeral isnt as good as everyone makes out, the production is awful, and it just lacks what makes the live show awesome.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
yes their live show is absolutely fantastic. so fun and beautifull! it gave me shivers..

(and matt, you fail to have all the posts at the top of the page!)
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
I don't own their album (yet) but I've had to borrow my friends copy many times. They're such a great band and have a really new sound. I'm really looking forward to the new album. Does anyone have any news about the new album? I've heard that they recorded it in a church but that's all I can remember right now.

I can't wait to hear more from these guys. THey're another really promising new band that sound absolutley amazing.
Quote by Tsunoyukami
I don't own their album (yet) but I've had to borrow my friends copy many times. They're such a great band and have a really new sound. I'm really looking forward to the new album. Does anyone have any news about the new album? I've heard that they recorded it in a church but that's all I can remember right now.

I can't wait to hear more from these guys. THey're another really promising new band that sound absolutley amazing.

Yeah, apparently their's an organ so powerful it made Win cry
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

i bought the album and listened a few times and didnt get into it. and then i listened again and i love it. one of the best new bands of the year.
Bought the album today! yet to give it a full whirl, but i've put it on my mp3 so i'll listen to it later

Quote by metaldud536

It's one of my favorite albums of all time. I've recently rotated that back into my current listenings...been listening to nothing but Funeral the past few days. Their EP has is moments (Old Flame, No Cars Go, etc.) but it can't touch their album.

I have a bunch of outtakes and bsides that are really awesome, too. Very much looking forward to their new album.
Quote by ohdarn323
It's one of my favorite albums of all time. I've recently rotated that back into my current listenings...been listening to nothing but Funeral the past few days. Their EP has is moments (Old Flame, No Cars Go, etc.) but it can't touch their album.

I have a bunch of outtakes and bsides that are really awesome, too. Very much looking forward to their new album.

Dude where can I find the b-sides??

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour