I have a bc rich warlock. looking for pickups for it obviously for metal. i was going to get emg's but i really don't want to have to change out the batterys. i was wondering what other pickups that are not active pickups but can still get that high gain metal tone i'm looking for. thanks.
batteries last for like a year at a time, but that doesnt mean im reccomending the EMGs
i have a duncan invader and the output is almost as high as EMGs, and its a passive pickup
i use it with full on distortion and its great, very loud too
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
check out dimarzio.

and to the guy above me, batteries do not last a year, they last a few months at best.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
Quote by Trapman870
check out dimarzio.

and to the guy above me, batteries do not last a year, they last a few months at best.

well they are SUPPOSED to last 3000 hours
do you leave your guitar plugged in when not playing?
you would have to literally play 24 hours a day for batteries to last around 3 months....
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
I just bought a Bare Knuckle for my Jackson that I built. It is so freaking obnoxious its unbelievable. The only problem is that I can't play on a clean channel with it. The output is so high it sill distorts. I just switch to the other single coils. But if you want a real ballsy humbucker, check these out. Alot of the whose who out there are changing out their p90's for these. in fact they make a version of the p90
^woah thats sounds cool, a guitar pickup thats so high output you can barely even use the lcean channel! how much did it cost?
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by Trapman870
check out dimarzio.

that's not true man, they last more than a few months if you take care of them, and don't leave the guitar cable plugged into the guitar when you aren't using it. Mine last at least 6months playing every day a few hours.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
About the Bare Knuckle. I think it was around 200-250, but they are hand wound and made in the UK. The key is hand scatter wound. Check them out @ bareknucklepickups.co.uk
I own the Nailbomb. probably the nastiest one also very forgiving as far as hiding imperfections
Maybe an X2N or a Dimebucker?

I don't have experience with the X2n but the dimebucker sounded orgasmic.

What kind of amp do you have though? I was playing through a JSX
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Runner Up for best guitarist...

Meh better than nothing
What amp do you use?
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
What kind of amp do you have and what series BC rich is it?

Nailbombs aren't the highest output BKs. A warpig or miracle man is higher output.

They must be absolutely mental :/
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I bought mine from a buddy of mine that works at solid body guitars inc in Mounds View Minn. near the twin cities. They deal with high end vintage guitars and amps. Very cool store if you got the $$$. Check the website solidbodyguitars.com. and just check out there inventory, pretty impressive.
Whatever you do, DONT GET A DIMEBUCKER!!

Honestly, they'e the worst pickups I've ever played. Muddy, boring, flat...
I got a question about pickups also, is the seymour duncan SH-4 JP Humbuck ,//www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-SH4-JB-Humbucker-Pickup?sku=300035. or the Dimarzio Evo Pickup http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-DP215-Evo-2-Bridge-Pickup?sku=309390

I play through a Peavey VTM Tube Head and my guitar is a iBanez GRG170DX.
FlickR
iBanez Rg550 20th Anniversary.
iBanez GRG170DX W/ Dimarzio Steve's Special
VTM 60 Tube Head
Carvin Legacy Vai Cabinet 4x12 Cabinet
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
Don't get a Dimebucker or an SH-8 Invader, both horrid pickups. A Dimarzio X2N would sound great tho, unless your using a ****ty guitar.
well i looked at my guitar and its a basswood body and maple neck, and bolt on neck.