For a list price(per the store's tag) of $2k difference, I certainly didn't hear $2k worth more in sound. I'm certainly a beginner, but the salesman claimed to notice a big difference. He mentioned it would take $300-400 in upgrades to get the Epi even close to the Gibson, so I guess that leaves me to question why I'd spend that much more on the Gibson.

As a side note, I mentioned how I had read on here the quality on the new Epi's are much lower today than they were a few years ago. He said he feels the opposite.

Would I be better off getting a 10 year old Epi or a brand new one?
Quote by Ibanez_rawker
but I have a penis.... and when most guys have the chance to get some, they are gonna take it.... our hormones were going out of control and her 'rents weren't home.

Edit: she knew I wasn't wearing a condom.
just find one that plays well and get it, dont worry about the year it was made.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
get a new Epi.
As for the Gibson thing, you spend more because you get a better constucted guitar with higher quality woods and electrioncs and you have the Gibson logo in the headstock which is probably about $1000 on the price. lol
If the Gibson logo on the headstock is about $1000 of the price, why are there Gibsons under $1000? (rolls eyes)
get a new amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Fishhooker
If the Gibson logo on the headstock is about $1000 of the price, why are there Gibsons under $1000? (rolls eyes)

so little punk wannabes can afford a guitar that all their friends will think is cool

The reason Gibsons are so much more expensive is because Gibsons are generally of better quality than Epiphone, i.e. woods, electronics, etc. A lot of the cost of Gibsons comes from the quality of their cosmetics as well; i think Gibson pays a lot more attention to detail than Epiphone does. Of course some of the extra cost comes from the Gibson logo, but it certainly doesn't make up the entire extra $1000...

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.