Hey UGists, well my aunt recently gave me two cds of these guys that play violin and guitar respectively and found the music just relaxingly orgasmic. So does anyone know where I can get more music like it?

To be more specific I like overly long piano/violin solos (hell, it could be the major scale) but not exactly big band. It's cool but I like prominent instruments like that. Think calssical thump-ish (or with another instrument in it). Any help GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
Check out Al Di Meola's album with Stanley Clarke and Jean-Luc Ponty, entitle The Rite of Strings.
Don't be derivative. Explore...
You might like Godspeed You! Black Emperor. They're really epic and tend to start off quiet and get louder and louder for, like, 20 minutes. Give Lift Yr. Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven a listen.
post-rock is your friend.

check these dudes out:

FROM SWITZERLAND: the evaptoria report

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=38759104&MyToken=f7104e90-1d30-45f0-be83-7d95553cf044

FROM THE REMOTE HILLS OF.............CHICAGO: russian circles

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=31220613&MyToken=6e2528af-cf9e-45b2-890e-a69d1d78e4ff

i think the entire genre is instrumental.
No, it is not all instrumental, some bands such as Sigur Ros have vocals... but yeah, it is mostly instrumental in general.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by musiclover2399
Hey UGists, well my aunt recently gave me two cds of these guys that play violin and guitar respectively and found the music just relaxingly orgasmic. So does anyone know where I can get more music like it?

It would help if you told us who this music was by or what album it was from.
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
^They're called Willi and Lobo, from Mexico playing classical spanish guitar with violin and other spanish instruments, but I've really been inspired to listen to piano+violin
*Bump* Okay well I'll try this differently and save space on UG, what about those classical esque songs that are basically all violin and piano? Like if you've ever seen the show smallville or most movies tan you know, the violin spine tingling piano depressing music.

Any suggestions?