Im looking for a new amp to upgrade from my crappy spider II I got 700$ and was hoping for some suggestions on a great amp for hard rock and blues. I was thinking a marshall MG250DFX but I heard they suk. feedback is appreciated
I`d get a Crate. They are awesome for gigging and practicing. And they are powerful. Get the Crate 120.
crates are nothing but marshall copies
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Hard rock? Used tube combos under 700:

Traynor YCV50 Blue
JCM800 (Probably need an OD)
JCM900
Peavey 6505 (Darker sounding, I hear it does classic rock well).

I've played the Peavey 6505 and messed around with modellers of the JCM series. I've heard clips of YCV50, and they all seem good for Hard Rock. Of course, you'll want to try out each amp before you buy it. Tube combo is the way to go, don't upgrade an SS to an SS unless you're upgrading an MG or Spider II to a practice amp. :P Or, you're broke. Heh. 700 is enough for a nice used valve amp.

Also, check out some Mesas. Perhaps the F series, or a Mark III if they're as versatile as a Mark IV. You should be able to snatch of these rather easily on ebay if you just give it some time. Whenever I search for an amp under 700 on ebay I always find at least one auction up. I don't think I've ever failed, except for my recent search for a JCM900.

Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Quote by Bpags868
crates are nothing but marshall copies

where the heck did youget that idea they sound nothing like marshall, crates are basically metal amps
especially for hard rock and blues, ull want a tube amp imo.
not crate and not randall high gain.

u should dheck out used tube combos, traynor 50, peavey like said.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011