Hey guys! There's a new addition to my family....and let me tell you...I am holding up to my user name like no other!

Btw...sorry for not being around too often lately....school has been killer......so there are some new things to share with you guys! Also, I promise I will batch up with the clips thread ASAP!

I've been finding myself in need of a trem for a while now, so I thought I would look into an RG.....after a few months of scouting the bay for a guitar that would suite me, I found the perfect one!

Just got it today: an Ibanez RG520QS! Perfect compliment to my SZ520!

Guitar is in as new condition, though it is atleast 6 years old! Made in Japan, Beautiful quilt, Dimarzio tone zone and air norton, and an Edge trem! Came with the Ibanez hardshell, also in as new condition, 2 guitar cables, and the original pups (if anyone is interested, they are for sale!) A great thing about this baby is that the body is mahogany, instead of the standard basewood all RGs have now! It really gives it a huge, and more lively tone! I LOVE it! The dual humbuckers also work perfectly, as the middle single-coil always got in the way for me!

All this for $410!

Just put strap locks on it, so I can use my one strap for both guitars! Came sertup perfectly....I'll just throw a neck pup cover on it (ala my SZ), and eventually a d-tuna, and I'll be off! Plays like butter! The feel is amazing...though it is a bit different, it compliments my SZ perfectly...Ibanez really outdoes themselves with everything they do...but I can definitely tell that both the Japanese made and older models did have a higher built quality to them!

Other than that, I also scored a deal on a Furman PL-Plus! I'm going to GC tomorrow, so I can get a case, to finally rack it, my TC Electronics M-300, and Mackie Onyx 400F. I'm also getting a pedalpower II, so my rig will basically be 100% completel!

I really love this thing! Ibanez is an amazing brand, and I'm really proud to live up to my name....my guitars may not cost $2500 (ala PRS, Gibson), but they play just as well, sound amazing, and allow for a uniqueness! My own style! I can't wait for the next gig! Together, the SZ and RG make the complete arsenal!

P.S. Not only are they all Ibanez....they're all blue too!

like the color blue?

ditto.

mohogany boddied RG? know where they hide those things?
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
nice guitar, i just got my first ibanez acouple of days ago and really like it, a JS1200CA
Blue's my color! Changed the jem light on my recot to blue too!

There's actually another guitar, identical to this one, one the bay right now! A litte more beat up, but with a Pair of EMGs! If anyone is interested, I'd jump on it! IMO, a mahogany bodied RG is a gold mine! Really brings it to a whole new level!
That is DAMMMN sexy, good find man. Blue is a darn nice color, I wish my S was blue not charcoal brown but I still love it.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
blue jem light too?

Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
i love it. killer setup.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
I can't stop playing this thing! Wow!

You can really tell that these were top of the line guitars at one time....definitely prestige quality, if not above!

Every note I play rings like there is no tomorrow! It goes on forever, and with such authority! And the tones resonate beautifully....it's an eletric, but it almost has a natural reverb to it! Wow! (and this is all acoustically! I'm testing it as a guitar before I plug it in!)

I think I'm going to get my SZ setup with 10s also......I use 11s on the SZ, and I'm really digging the 10s on the RG!
congratulations with the new guitar bro... its really really nice

so are you gonna change it with the Tremonti Pups too?

again congrats with the new guitar
I haven't given the Dimarzios yet, but I think they're going to stay! So far, I'm amazed by the guitar, and with all I've heard about this combo of pickups, I welcome the versatility!

Still love my tremontis and SZ, but this is a whole new beast!
that quilt really nice, all wavy and stuff. and good job with the mahogany the only RG's they make with mahogany are the RGT320Q and the RGT220H
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
I think I'm going to get my SZ setup with 10s also......I use 11s on the SZ, and I'm really digging the 10s on the RG!

just remember man, the SZ and RG have different scales, so with 10's, the strings arnt gonna be as tight. but of course its all preference. you know how i am with tight tention, 13's man

Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
I haven't given the Dimarzios yet, but I think they're going to stay! So far, I'm amazed by the guitar, and with all I've heard about this combo of pickups, I welcome the versatility!

Still love my tremontis and SZ, but this is a whole new beast!

personally i think you should keep them. im basically doing the same thing, DiMarzio in my SZ, Tremonti in my C-1.
oh my God!
You love exclamation marks don't you?!

But yeah, I have an SZ and a Japanese Prestige and I <3 them too. The two lines really do complement each other very well.

I was wondering how you like the Air Norton. I was thinking of replacing the neck pickup on my RG1570 with one (tone zone already in the bridge), but I'm not 100% sure it's what I want.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Whatever happened to your Tempest, Ibanez?
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Well, scratch the d-tuna idea.....

The air norton is amazing! Percusive like tones! I love it! The tones fill in everything my SZ wasn't perfect at!

With this guitar, I'm using the neck pup much more! It's amazing! I love the norton!

Quick trem question though....could someone help?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=420240
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
You can't use a D-Tuna along with a full floating system.

yeah i thought only the ZR trem could use a D-tuna

Quote by Ambulance X
Whatever happened to your Tempest, Ibanez?

and im only speaking for eric, ibanez4life, because he is a close friend of mine. basically, his parents made him sell it, but at least he was able to get the Tremonti's out of it, which was the orginal reason he bought it.
^Exactly!

I somehow convinced my parents that this guitar was different....and in all honesty, it is....the schecter was in every way, other than cosmetics, identical to my SZ, so there was no point in keeping it...

But this guitar is completely different! Different neck.....pups give a completely different tone.....the TREM!

I love the dimarzios....don't get nearly as heavy as my tremontis, but the tones are much more percusive and open! I love it for Cleans, and boy does it do metallica well with gain! Played some master of puppets, and I was shocked Crunchier....maybe not as tight, but very crunchy....not as compressed either, which is a great variation!

The best thing! I'm using the neck pup sooo much more! On my SZ, it sometimes gets too bassy, but on the RG, wow!

Really amazing guitar! It does need some work though....as it is 6 years old, I just bought replacement trem studs for it (they wear with use)....once I get those in, I'm sending it off for a pro setup, and off we go
nice buy, man.

just remember, if you want to fit a d-tuna, you have to sacrifice up-pull and set the trem up not to float...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks!

Ehh....I think I'll live without the D-tuna.....since this guitar plays so nicely, maybe it will force me to play in standard a little more

It's weird...these two guitars have completely different necks....very different....but when I switch from one to the other, it just works! It's very nice! Covers everything! And both are soooo comfortable!

Loving it boys! Really loving it!

Order the replacement studs, and am going to have it setup to get the floyd working 100%!

I need some opinions though...I've always thought I'd do the cover on the neck pup, and open bridge on all my guitars, but the RG looks soo sweet the way it is, that I'm not sure anymore....opinions? Should I cover up the neck pup on it too?
ibanez get the tremol-no and get a d-tuna cmon you know you want to. pwetty please. and im more of a fan of uncovered neck pickups on RG they just look so sexy without covers
I think neck pup covers look better on more "Classic" looking guitars... not a superstrat.
haha
^^^ aye, a tremelno might be a good idea, phil... though you could get away without a d-tuna with it, I'd have thought, unless you need to drop to d really quickly- the tremelno would avoid the balancing you'd normally have to do witha floating trem to get down to d, as long as you didn't mind having no up-pull... (you'd need it in dive only or hardtail mode)

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
you don't need the dtuna, here's what i did with my js100
loosen the nut over your E & A strings. loosen your fine tuner ~almost~ all the way
now go head and drop that E to D with the neck tuners by ear.
tighten the nut, now check the tuning of the rest of the strings.
i noticed on mine the rest of the strings go a hair flat while drop tuned,
but i can't hear it by ear, and i can tune back up to E by moving the fine tuner in a lil over half way. tested it with a tuner and everything went back into tune perfectly.

now swapping tuning is almost as fast as with any other method
why do you have to convince your parents>? Did they pay for it or do you work?
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Mmmmmh, sexy sexy guitars my friend!
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Great dude, love that quilt.

I know you like it better than your sz

Good thing goin for a rack

Heres mine -

RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Score dude!
I just got my first ibanez too.
S2170 prestige.
and the ZR trem is like the best thing ever...
well
i'm sure any trem is.
but I like how I can drop my E to D and the Zero Point mechanism keeps the trem completely level with the body..

anyways
Have fun with your trem and RG!
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
My parents aren't really controlling, just annoying. Why don't you learn how to play the guitar before you buy a Mesa??? Stop playing that noise and play us some Ry Cooder! Play that new song from Pink! Oh yea, my mom likes Pink but oh well, didn't stop me from getting the Mesa
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!