Just a question, I would describe myself as a bluesy, classic rock, hendrix type, inspired guitar player, in terms of this style would it be important to learn arpeggios and if so why? To note i have very limited knowledge on them as it is apparent. thanks
It's not really necessary for your style but to know it is useful for your knowledge of musical theory and ability.
Quote by mikedunk
Just a question, I would describe myself as a bluesy, classic rock, hendrix type, inspired guitar player, in terms of this style would it be important to learn arpeggios and if so why? To note i have very limited knowledge on them as it is apparent. thanks

Oh, absolutely! VERY IMPORTANT. Knowing your arpeggios cold -- up and down
the entire neck and at least the major & minor ones -- can help to take your
playing/soloing to the next level. No matter what you play. The reason is that
the arpeggios = chord tones. It's a slam dunk a chord tone note will sound good
over the chord. So, when you are aware of the chord changes and know where
a nearby arpeggio note, you can hit it at the right moments. It can help your
playing become a LOT more melodic and intentional -- assuming all you do now is
play like the same pent/blues scale over the whole song.
For sure you should learn them, who says you gotta play them at sixteenths? Arpeggios sound just as good slowly as they do fast, or a medium pace even. It'll broaden your horizons as well, never say no to learning something new.
I'm a social drinker. When someone says "I'll have a drink." I say "So shall I!"
of course, jimi arpeggiated many chords. ok, not sweep picked arpeggios, but none the less. sweep picked arpeggios will benfit you too no matter what style you play. if anything arpeggios sound sweet sweet sweeeet when played slower anywayz
an excellent track to listen to would be Mike Campese - 'touch the sky' for some lush use of arps and see how the notes sound sooo kool, then there are obviously the bullet fast arp players such as michael romeo (symphony x) and strapping young lad guitar player. (even tho im pretty sure this music doesnt appeal to you,lol)
best to see how they can be used anywayz.
a good tip is to arpeggiate the 'hendrix' chord, sounds lush.

also as said above, and i agree with 'edg'.
Is arpeggios a scale? Where can i find it?

Edit: Sorry for highjacking your thread, but u seemed done with it.
Well, just to be like everyone else, here's my rig:

Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Quote by refgerto
Is arpeggios a scale? Where can i find it?

Edit: Sorry for highjacking your thread, but u seemed done with it.

An arpeggio is a broken chord, actually. Check out the lessons here on UG.
I'm a social drinker. When someone says "I'll have a drink." I say "So shall I!"