I've got me a Fender American Strat and the tremolo on it is really sweet. I started working on some beginner shred and the Dimebag squeals. My question, though, will my bridge be fine if I do a full dip and rip it up full back up again? It's kinda scary to rape the bridge like that but I just need your opinion.

Any help is granted.
I rape my strat copy and it hlds up. So I think you should be fine
You sure as hell won't stay in tune but unless you really jerk the bridge the wrong way (sideways and stuff) if should be fine.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Eddie Van Halen raped his trem for years and his Frankenstrat held up long before he had a floyd.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by bean-o
You sure as hell won't stay in tune but unless you really jerk the bridge the wrong way (sideways and stuff) if should be fine.

Well, I dont care about staying in tune (well I do, but yeah, thats not my major concern), more about the question "will I or will I not rip off my bridge?"
^nah you should be fine. I hope...

edit: oops you might wanna be careful, there are stories where the threads on the arm to screw in have stripped amd even the arm breaking and the little bit getting stuck inside the hole. But you wont rip the whole bridge off.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
not really the "raping" type of bridge.
unless ur really into tuning stuff.

it should hold up, u might want to make sure uve got enough trem spring tension too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
No, it will be fine. Anyway, is must be pretty hard to "rape" the bridge unless is made of plastic of something alike.
Just be careful not to "overdo" it, the tendency for the arm to snap is there.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Yea, I literally rape my trem, and now I am beginning to fear of breaking my trem arm because it starts bending.