does anyone know where i can get one, in case you dont know its a stand where the second guitar, usually an acoustic, is held horizontally so that it can be played while on the stand
why would you need to be able to play it on the stand?
why dont you just get a strap?
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
its for when you have an electric on a strap, but need to do part of the song with an acoustic. i know they make them because ive seen them before, i just dont know what theyre called or where to get one
I guess you saw James Hetfield using one.

sit down and use a guitar stand. it's probably just as quick.
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
Mick Mars uses one for Home Sweet Home live. I havent seen one anywhere though.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by McClean05
Sweep picking if i could actually get faster at it. But overall . . everything. Every technique in guitar playing is worth learning or playing. Nice thread by the way
Last edited by hotroderguy at Aug 23, 2006,
Frusciante uses one when playin venice queen live... ...not to mention Hetfield and Malmsteen... Dunno where u'd get one but i'm sure your not in absolute dire need of one.
Quote by goalaso08
thanks so much hotroderguy, thats exactly what i was looking for

no problem, since they have gotton cheaper i may get one
Quote by McClean05
Sweep picking if i could actually get faster at it. But overall . . everything. Every technique in guitar playing is worth learning or playing. Nice thread by the way
holy crap, im sorry but there's no way id put an expensive guitar up on a $50 seatbelt brace connected to a mic stand.

what if u try to switch fast and bang into it? is it gonna tip over? ull have the other guitar on at the time. and the stand would have to be brought out just for that song, or worse yet, during the whole set.

i mean, interesting idea but there's a reason why they have expensive ones, imo.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
you just gotta be careful. til you get the feel for the thing.
Quote by McClean05
you can just put some weight on the base of the stand so that its less likely to fall over
tom keifer from cinderella used one wen i went to their concert, thats guys pretty talented he plays tons of stuff and he can sing
Quote by goalaso08
you can just put some weight on the base of the stand so that its less likely to fall over

well yeah, u can duct tape it to the stage. but that means it's got to be there the whole set. and if u plan on jumping around it's still not safe.
depends, on the guitar ur strapping up there i guess, anyway, im sure ull be careful.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
well yeah, u can duct tape it to the stage. but that means it's got to be there the whole set. and if u plan on jumping around it's still not safe.
depends, on the guitar ur strapping up there i guess, anyway, im sure ull be careful.

Ya i see your point Jenny but you gotta think when your James Hetfield a 500 dollar acoustic is nothing to him hes probably got ten just laying around in case he breaks one he only uses it for The Unforgiven though so i guess chances are minimal as he doesnt use it much
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
true and well he's also using the expensive stand not the $50 one.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62