hi doodz, I have a Fender Frontman 25R amp, I've had it for 6 months and its been working great untill now. The problem is when i play the low E string, the amp makes a loud rumbling/vibrating noise. The bass knob on the amp has no effect on the rumble, it makes the noise loudly whether it is on 1 or 10. Does any one have any suggestions? Thank you
This might sound stupid, but is there any way that you could record the sound, or at least describe it a little more?

I'm not entirely sure of what you're talking about, but I may have an idea.

Maybe one of your pickups is screwed up? What pickup do you use?

Give a little more information and I might be able to help you.

I have the same amp,, and was just having the same problem

If you're having the same problem as me, you have something around you amp thats vibrating when you hit the string.. for me it was a patch cable hidden under my distortion box.

If thats not it,,,, your speaker might be out, or loose or something.. and I have no idea how to help you there
Uh, maybe its the surface its resting on. Put it on a very sturdy and grounded table. Make sure all the legs are making firm contact with the surface...
sigless
maybe you have fret buzz?
im not entirely sure if an amp can make your guitar sound like that, its more likely that the guitar will make the amp sound like that instead
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
It rumbles loudly no matter which pick up I use. It also makes the noise on my other guitar which is an acoustic electric. I'm kind of thinkin it is a problem with the speaker...
ive got that amp. what volume are u on? and on what gain?

also did u check that there's nothing vibrating on or around the amp like suggested?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by danzig-_-
maybe you have fret buzz?
im not entirely sure if an amp can make your guitar sound like that, its more likely that the guitar will make the amp sound like that instead

Amps can make all kinds of weird noises. Trust me.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.