Heres a little song i recorded with my friend the other day

sorry if this is the wrong section, but i think it fits the description

he did vocals and overdubbed vox,

and i did guitar, bass, and lead

(i think ive posted this b4, but in the wrong section)

and i remastered it since then

I WANT TO BE YOUR DISEASE

sorry about the solo

improv. i know it sucks. no more excuses

crit for crit?
Last edited by JadeFalcon5 at Aug 26, 2006,
Hey .,. I really like it.. Definately my sort of music. One thing though, the volume chops and changes way to much. Great progressions and harmonys and good contrast between the screaming and clean. Excellent work on the guitar.. would love to hear this recorded with better quality .. also i'm not to sure of the last note. Yes, it works but I think your can find a better one. Maybe a wierd harmonic or something.

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=420144
1980 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Marshall JCM900, 1960a Quad
Boss EQ-7, CS-3, TU-2, DS-1, DD-3, TR-2
Ibanez TS-9, Presonus TubePre/Comp16
The begining made it sound like it was gonna be some pretty generic song to me, and that kind of music definetly isn't my thing. But I really liked it after it slowed down the first time and I usually don't let myself enjoy screamy stuff. I really liked that solo but it felt like it ended to soon, but I'm not sure if that's a good thing since it left me wanting more from you, or a bad thing because it left me wanting more from the song. But I'm pretty sure I really liked it, but I'll clarify my opinion once I'm sober, although I think that's still how I'll feel. I like the way the vocals are mixed too.
for some reason its like parts of your song cut volume with big hits and stuff, volume is all crazy, but pretty cool vocals, good sound too,
i like the part where it goes kinda dark and slow too, thats a nice touch
Wow. It's really good. The vocals are great. I would buy this if it was a cd. Guitar is great, the slow bit suits well too. 9/10
Quote by KileManA7X
You sir, are an honorary genius! Take this badge, you made us proud!
writing as i hear

wow it's pretty good. I like your friends voice but didn't like the drums much, sometimes it all seemed discordinated (sp? ;___; ). The break is to sudden even though the slow part is great.
the screaming could be a bit better. more full. I think it would sound better with only one voice melody at a time. the solo... meh not very well played in parts and not too original.

6/10
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Quote by sponj
writing as i hear

wow it's pretty good. I like your friends voice but didn't like the drums much, sometimes it all seemed discordinated (sp? ;___; ). The break is to sudden even though the slow part is great.
the screaming could be a bit better. more full. I think it would sound better with only one voice melody at a time. the solo... meh not very well played in parts and not too original.

6/10

i wouldnt be so much worried about the spelling as i would making up words all together, i think you were goin for "uncoordinated"..... and its barely even appropriate at that, out of time would have sufficed
thanks for the crit... this is a good song for the genre... the screaming sounds fine (the singer is doing it right) even though i don't like it haha. but i'm sure if this was my type of music i would like this a lot. The solo is a little choppy and you should work on the phrasing more. not too bad though. 7/10... (would probably be 8 if it was my type of music.)
AIM - JanesAdd1cti0n

The Rain And Snow

We've been reduced to ruin in this noncalibrated earth that has stumbled upon us.
You really need to work on the mixing. The volume level changes too much, the bass drum is killing me and the vox are too loud.

About the playing, the guitar leads sounded quite sloppy and rhytmically poor. The vox weren't my cup of tea either. The screaming was pathetic.

I would've probably left out the middle part and shorten the song by a minute or so.

Well, good effort but you've got tons of work to do before you even have a decent song.