does any body happen to know what tremolo picking is ???
[highlight]MY GUITAR[/highlight]
Quote by TheAmaranth
I once broke a G-String while fingering an A minor.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.
Picking sequences of one note/ notes really fast.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Listen to Van Halen's Eruption. The trem picking is right before the tapping.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Tr***lo simply means a fast repetition of the same note.

However it's done differently in classical, electric guitar styles, flamenco etc. You need to be more specific in your question.
what is tremolo picking for an acoustic guitar
Quote by TheAmaranth

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.
What sort of acoustic guitar. There are three: classical, flamenco, or steel string.

I'll answer these three in order.

Classical: If you don't know the letters for the fingers of the right hand, p is the thumb, i is the index, m is the middle and a is the ring finger. The traditional way of playing classical tremolo is to start with the thumb, generally playing a bass note, then proceed with ami on one note (most of the time on one string, sometimes on two). This is best to be practiced slowly until it is completely even.

Flamenco: Basically the same as classical tremolo, except it contains one extra stroke. As usual, you start with the thumb (p), then proceed with index (i), ring (a), middle (m) and index. This gives a much smoother flow of sound, but the uneven beat division may be difficult to get used to. To recap: p i a m i.

Steel string: if you know how to play the electric guitar, this is the exact same form of tremolo; just rapid picking with the pick. Can't get much simpler.
i have a steel string and the electric guitar thing seems more like the right answer thna alot!!
Quote by TheAmaranth

Quote by Alex guitar

Classical: If you don't know the letters for the fingers of the right hand, p is the thumb, i is the index, m is the middle and a is the ring finger. The traditional way of playing classical tremolo is to start with the thumb, generally playing a bass note, then proceed with ami on one note (most of the time on one string, sometimes on two). This is best to be practiced slowly until it is completely even.

Hmm... being the acoustic/classical thread, I would have assumed that THIS would have been the one he meant. Yes, as in Recuerdos de l'Ahambra. (probably botched the spelling, but whatever.... yes, that piece....) Also used in the advanced arrangements of Romanza, IIRC.

Chris
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
hmm can anyone teach me to play Van halesn eruption sounds hard il need more months of practice then just the 4 classes ive had lol so nvm if u want to take the challenge to teach me im pretty fast learner main problem is that i cant switch chords fast enough or nots for that matte i need to learn my frets and chords by muscle memory

need to learn all chors kno g flat, d major, g major, still learning C and kno E,f,d,c,g,b but i can hardly remember the notes when i see them on the paper

i pratice as much as i can home,school prety much were i spend all my time
well sometimes, when i haven't heated up my fingers y use mi index nail just as you use your pick, supporting the index with the thumb