What's the origin of the saying "Metal up your ass!" and what does it mean? I know, this is a really really dumb noob question, and I apologize.
Quote by TweekGuitar
They are not heavy metal. They are pussy metal. They worship god.
kill em all was almost named metal up your ass but they didnt call it that but the slogans on a bunch of their older shirts
it's a pretty gay saying imo, i'm not even talking priest gay, i mean bon jovi gay
Metallica's album "kill em' all" was gonna be titled that but something about the producers didn't let them have it like that or something so Cliff Burton was all like "Ahh, kill em' all".

Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
The original title of Kill Em All was "Metal Up Your Ass"... but the record exec's didn't like it, and most retailers said they wouldnt stock it.

As the stories goes, Cliff said something along the lines of "Ahhh those fvcken' record execs! Should fvckun' kill em all!"

So that's the origins of the "Kill em All" title.

Metallica had a bunch of Metal Up Your Ass t shirts made up originally, there are some pictures here www.ilikethat.com/metallica under the 82-83 section i believe. It was like their band motto I guess... They never had an Eddie or a Vic Rattlehead... they just had "Metal Up Your Ass" and "Alcoholica"
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
Quote by hamett91
I have a " metal up your ass" shirt. My grandma got it for me.

It was the original name for Kill 'Em All.

hahah, your grandma got it for you?! Thats fvckin hilarious!
It sounds like a reference to a silver dildo.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله