Anyone here own a Line 6 Spider II amp? if so, do you know any cool presets/ extra features on it. So far, I've got a pretty decent metal sound on it....just wondering if anyone knew some cool stuff to play around with??
-I'm new here-
Hey, eveyone's got opinions dude. And my opinion is that you don't know **** cuz I've had that amp for almost a year now and its friggin awesome
-I'm new here-
Quote by LED N' ROSES_7
its cool to throw the amp out the window cause its a piece of ****

OMGLOL!
LETS JUMP ON THE SPIDER 6 SUX BANDWAGON LOLLER!

You fail.
If you don't have anything constructive to say, leave the thread.

I find it fun to play with the effects. Like, the chorus/flanger at uselessly high levels with alot of gain can start to make your guitar sound almost synthesizer like.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
Quote by rafarquhar
OMGLOL!
LETS JUMP ON THE SPIDER 6 SUX BANDWAGON LOLLER!

You fail.
If you don't have anything constructive to say, leave the thread.

I find it fun to play with the effects. Like, the chorus/flanger at uselessly high levels with alot of gain can start to make your guitar sound almost synthesizer like.

you know why theres a spider 6 sucks bandwagon

they blow ass

some reasons : the sound is fake and electronic, all the effects suck and are cheesy, its horribly set up wich makes changing channels and sifting through ur pile of crap effects on stage incredibly difficult, and lastly everyone i know who has bought one has had it crap out on them with in a year. Also at high volumes its totally unlistenable
i had one for two month then sold it its a terrible amp for gigging and just playing it sounds bad
Quote by deadmansdiary
you know why theres a spider 6 sucks bandwagon

they blow ass

some reasons : the sound is fake and electronic, all the effects suck and are cheesy, its horribly set up wich makes changing channels and sifting through ur pile of crap effects on stage incredibly difficult, and lastly everyone i know who has bought one has had it crap out on them with in a year. Also at high volumes its totally unlistenable

Alright:

1. The sound is not fake or electronic, unless you overkill the effects.
2. The effects don't suck. They aren't as good as pedals, but they still don't suck.
3. Horribly set up? Get an express control or a shortboard (if 4 presets isn't enough) and use your presets, don't run back to the amp. Plus, the knobs are easy, if you have an IQ of at least 50.
4. The last statement is completely wrong.

I don't know about them "crapping out," I've had mine for a month, and it doesn't look a day older from when I got it.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
yeah i have one, turn on insane channel, reduce mid, crank up bass a little, turn treble up alot(not all the way) and drive knob up to 8 and ull have an awesome metal sound. its also fun to turn on the clean channel and turn chorus/flanger on.

if u go on their site they give u a list of presets for the spider II for alot of songs
They never said it would rot, decay, and eventually self-implode after you buy it, but they are pretty crappy. Two of my friends have the amps and just hate them. They seem very treble-oriented. For a beginning guitarist who wants and amp to learn the ropes in effects, it serves it's purpose, but as an actual gigging or even practice amp, I think it fails miserably. I don't exactly think it is the worst, nor do I think MG's are the worst, but they[Spider II's and MG's] do give the worst amps some company.
Last edited by metallicaman80 at Aug 24, 2006,
I still gotta disagree with you guys. but as I've said in several 'Line 6 Bashing' threads, its down to opinion. Like, one dude said he had it for a month and took it bk cz it sucked....I've had it for almost a year now and I've been gigging like hell with the bitch and night after night that kickass tone's still there. N the FBV Express pedal makes it all the better
-I'm new here-
Congrats to all that keep their minds open to find tones that they like no matter what gear they have. One of my jam partners uses a spider 2 with a digitech gnx 3 and an ART tube pre/limiter and his tone is pretty sweet, as long as he doesn't crank the amp up. At higher volumes, it really does become painful, but at moderate volumes his tone is pretty good and he can stay at or just above the drums and my rig.