Ok, I'll keep it short and simple. I play metal/hardcore e.g Atreyu/B4MV type stuff. And I'm about due for a new guitar. At the moment I'm playing with a cheap £90 Les paul that I've done up and stuck in an EMG 81. As far as my new guitar goes...i've narrowed it down to a Jackson DKMG and a PRS Tremonti SE. Any comments?
-I'm new here-
get the jackson, the tremonti is more suited for more... well if youve ever heard tremonti play... less rhythmn, more shred heh. the jackson just seems like it would be better suited thats all.
on a topic of how you would like to be buried...

Quote by Jacob6293
in a coffin, underground, next to my wife.

Quote by tylerishot
Me too. But only if she's alive.

yep jackson
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
jackson, out of those two
Quote by Dudage
Pussies play P-90's

Quote by jesus-squared
alright i'll try it
but if it falls out and my guitar breaks i'm going to eat your first born.
...just so you know
and why isnt the tremonti a good choice? it owns the jackson. PRS is all around better than jackson. jacksons quality has been dropping, and right now the only ones worth getting are the rhoads series. my vote goes to the PRS. its just flat out better.
Go get your shovel.
Am I the only one who thinks the PRS would be a better choice? I personally dislike jacksons. Their pickups are complete garbage. Worst stock pickups i've ever heard. PRS on the other hand...their pickups are decent.
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Runner Up for best guitarist...

Meh better than nothing
meh ts what amp do you use? and i wouldnt say PRS is fat better superior than Jackson cos then that would have a flaw in it.
Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Am I the only one who thinks the PRS would be a better choice? I personally dislike jacksons. Their pickups are complete garbage. Worst stock pickups i've ever heard. PRS on the other hand...their pickups are decent.

But in this case he already has an EMG81. And the jackson is an all round better guitar for metal.

The PRS is still well worth a look, but I think for the threadstarter's needs a Jackson would be better.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Yeah...the last dude's right. They already come with EMG 81 & 85 pickups....I already have an EMG in my fake les paul...and it's sounding pretty gorgeous at the moment. And I've been talking to a dude who's played a few jacksons and is getting the jackson i want, and I recon I might just go with that.
-I'm new here-