Hi,
I recently accured an ESP guitar & a Peavey RockMaster pre amp. I dont have a speaker or anything, so I was wondering what I should do: I have had it going through a computer while but the sound is really weak, so I went out an got some head-phones, but unfortunately the sound is even weaker than it was through the computer. (Works well through a bass amp, though the speaker seems to be ripped) I have been told I need a power-amp. So I wanted to confirm this. Any advise on what to get or if I should even get it, would be extreamly helpful.
Thanks.
Max
Quote by metallicaman80
Get a preamp and a small cab, or sell the preamp and get a nice little combo amp.

Wouldnt I still need to get a power-amp to get sound through the cab? Any recomendations?
Anyway I would still rather pay the guitar throug the head-phones, so I wouldnt make too much noise (Live in an apartment.. Neighbours dont like noise).
I cant sell the pre-amp...
Sorry, man. I meant a poweramp. Yes, you need a poweramp.

Peavey Classic 30/30 or 50/50 are nice. Check em out on ebay.

Can't sell the preamp? Can I ask why?

For less noise, some preamps have headphone jacks on the back. Check that out. If not, you could get a small 15 or so watt combo amp and run the preamp through that.
Quote by metallicaman80
Sorry, man. I meant a poweramp. Yes, you need a poweramp.

Peavey Classic 30/30 or 50/50 are nice. Check em out on ebay.

Can't sell the preamp? Can I ask why?.

Cant find anything on the 30/30. And the 50/50 is well over anything I can afford. I am willing to spend 50-100.

I cant sell, because I promised the preson who gave it to me I wouldnt :S.

Quote by metallicaman80
For less noise, some preamps have headphone jacks on the back. Check that out. If not, you could get a small 15 or so watt combo amp and run the preamp through that.

My pre-amp has two outputs, 3v RMS (10+dBV) and 1vRMS (0dBV), I cant really hear much when I put the head phones through.
As for getting a combo amp, I can get the sound going through my bass amp, so that would be useless, and I would rather have something abit more useful for the future.