Hey,

I"m looking to get a distortion pedal. I currently have a Line 6 POD XT, but, I'm going to return it to get individual pedals b/c i dont use most of the features of the POD.

Can anyone recommend a distortion / overdrive pedal? I"m into GNR, 311,
If you wanted, you could sell your current amp and use the money from that and the POD to get a good tube combo. Maybe a peavey classic 30 with a nice OD. You could also get a fender hot rod deville(or whatever suitable fender tube) and put a nice OD in front of that.
right this might seem completely absurd to you.. but behringer have a range of pedals out.. 15 quid for every pedal in the range.. i have the ultra metal one.. for when i need to take my guitar somewhere for a gig because i have a motorcycle and cant take my gt8 for obvious reasons... but i seriously recommend you go to your local music store and try them out!!!
hey.. i happen to like RG series btw although i like the tremolos on the sz series.. but i find the old RG prestige series which i own a much more versatile machine
digitech distortion factory
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks

I think there are too many threads asking about distortion pedals. I'm sorry.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
You really need a better amp before you get pedals...

That's a horrid amp, no offense or anything.. But it's very.. bad lol.

Once you upgrade the amp you'll be MUCH happier with your sound.

If you are using cash buy a nice used JCM800 combo on ebay. That'll get a nice GNR sound.
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Quote by turbopresh
hey.. i happen to like RG series btw although i like the tremolos on the sz series.. but i find the old RG prestige series which i own a much more versatile machine

SZs are hardtail

Quote by Generalpwnt

I think there are too many threads asking about distortion pedals. I'm sorry.

That's what this forum's for. THere wouldn't be any threads if it weren't for these
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I'd recommend a Boss DS-1 as well. It's the staple entry distortion out there, and if you don't like the sounds it gives you that much, you can get it modded to sound a lot better. There are a LOT of mods out there, and they do change the character of the pedal a lot.

With that said, I'd recommend getting a tube amp even more like sg-rocker173 suggested. Amp distortion, especially on tube amps, is almost always better than pedal distortion. Tim Mahoney of 311 uses Bad Cat amps now, and I'm pretty sure Slash used Marshall amps (don't quote me on that). Getting the exact amp either of those guys use/d would be out of your price range for sure, but a used JCM800 or DSL401 would suit the sound you're looking for pretty well.

So basically, get a DS-1 if you're short on cash, and get a new amp if you have a bit to throw around.
BOSS DS-2 Turbo Distotion
c'mon, TURBO!!!!
i love it.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules