i need some help with this limited edition guitar, go to google and type in "ibanez RGR521, or werever you can find it, it looks really sweet, but i was wondering about the pickups, it says "DESIGNED BY EMG" but im not sure if they really are emgs, i mean, i want to know if they are ACTIVE EMGS or PASSIVE EMGS.
i can't get a picture on here but it has black swirl, Barbed wire inlay, and Reverse headstock..if that helps
When the say that they are just EMG Hz-4 pups, passive, ****ty pups whe u compare them to actives.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
aye theyre passive.. i duno if there are any ibanez guitars that come standard with active pickups like you definately wont get active pickups in a guitar thats under 500 dollars. and they are EMG either.. just EMG designed
Here it is. Hideous. Ibanez sucks at making guitars actually look badass. It probably plays like a dream though.

I love the finish, it actually does look swirly, and no it isnt the lighting. well thanks, but are those passive emgs or active anyone?
Don't get fooled by the "designed by whoever" it always mean its lower in quality than the genuine one.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
God Damnit!! No!!! I Want Active Omfg!! No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i Already Haev The Damn Thing Ordered!!
Quote by AngryGuitarist
Well..i still want your guys feedback about the look

The paint is god awful, that fret inlay is lame and no locking trem....

You should pick up a set of EMGs (81-85 combo) or something if you don't like the passive pickups.

You at least played it first....right?
Yes it plays like a les paul im not even lying, and i play metal, not pop punk, like fall out gay.

but why would it need a trem bar. i cant stand the locking nut, because, i do play metal, and i do temper with the tunings
i had a cheap standard jackson kelly with locking trem/nut but i got rid of it, it seriously too much of a hassle to change strings and tune...and you need to get it adjusted because of the tention on the neck when you downtune
dude these pickups are dman good, i love the way they handle distortion, on the neck pickup, i can get the almost perfect SRV clean tone. with the distortion it sound sliek a Metallica/ opeth kinda sound or what i had them on.

dotn worry aobut them they ar egood, an dif you dont liek them change to actives
R.I.P. Dime
"Forever Shred On"
God damnit dude you like quintuple posted like 9 times. Why would you order the guitar, THEN ask about the pickups? Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by AngryGuitarist
i need some help with this limited edition guitar, go to google and type in "ibanez RGR521, or werever you can find it, it looks really sweet, but i was wondering about the pickups, it says "DESIGNED BY EMG" but im not sure if they really are emgs, i mean, i want to know if they are ACTIVE EMGS or PASSIVE EMGS.

i have that guitar only its the rgr 521 ex2 and it has gold swurl and a grim reaper on the neck with leaf
Lol I actually think the paintjob/inlay is pretty sexy, and if you don't like the fake EMGs, then just go out and buy a real set. You really should have got more info before you bought one.