Have any of you actually played it?

http://www.rondomusic.net/al3000prestthincsbf.html

I've never seen one in a music store around here, but I hear praise for them all of the time. I'm wondering, with some new pickups, would that guitar be a monster? Or just average?

I play metal and rock mainly, but I like to dabble with all sorts of things.
Last edited by Wiggie at Aug 23, 2006,
I havent myself but heres a full review of one from someone whos been playin 17+. And im getting this one soon as I get enough from my job
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
i have a non slim tapper neck Al3000 in rootbeer. For the price i must say that its great. I have only been playing for just over one year and i dont have that much experience with many other guitars though so i can't compare it to a Gibson or an Epiphone. I have had it for about 4 months so far, It stays in tune well enough, but the G and high e strings seem to go out of tune a lot, there is some noise when switching from treble to rythem also, both of these problems are very minor things that i have noticed.
That 17+ year player review on UG is mine dated from November 2004. And I still stand by it 100%. I've had my Agile for almost 2 years now. Despite having accquired new guitars since (LTD EX-351, Gibson Les Paul), it's still my favorite guitar.

I've had no tuning issues, but I did install locking tuners shortly after getting the guitar. I do that to all my guitars to prevent tuning issues. I don't remember actually having any tuning problems with the stock tuners though. I replaced the pickups, but kept the old wiring and toggle switch, and haven't had a problem with those either.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Threadstarter, there's a reason you've never seen them in stores. They aren't in stores, you can only get them online (well 1 exception, you can go to the distributors place in New Jersey to play them).
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Mine has been a great playing guitar. I changed the pickups out, the stock pups were a bit muddy, and it sounds great. One down side is I think I'm going to need to change out all the pots and jack (already changed switch). I don't think they used the best electronics, but that stuff is cheap and easy to change when you do pickups.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I might get it, it's an amazing guitar (Played it at a guitar shop during a jam session) It was much better than an LP special, but not as good as a 60's custom
Dickless.
Quote by onemanarmy9
Threadstarter, there's a reason you've never seen them in stores. They aren't in stores, you can only get them online (well 1 exception, you can go to the distributors place in New Jersey to play them).

Where in NJ?!?!
Rondo Music
1597 US HWY 22 West
Union, NJ 07083

Store Hours:
Monday - Saturday: 10:30 am - 7 pm
Holiday Hours May Vary
We will be closing at 6pm July 1st and all day July 4th
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Whoa sweet. That's driving distance from me! Thanks man

edit: That's actually RIGHT down the street from my old college. Looking at the directions on their web site, I must've drove past it like 500 times. Damn...
lol well atleast you know now
Quote by King ofKumbucha