Well since no one int GB&C seems interested in my question.....

If i took a pup from the neck and put it in the bridge, would it sound like a bridge hum?

Both pups are the same
It wont 100% sound like the bridge, it mostly resembles the neck pup. I've tried switching an Ibanez V8 bridge pickup to the neck, and to tell you, it almost sounds the same as V8 on bridges, the only difference is the string sound (more twangy on bridge and more bass on neck).

Another note, does your guitar have floyd rose installed or a tremolo?
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
It wont 100% sound like the bridge, it mostly resembles the neck pup. I've tried switching an Ibanez V8 bridge pickup to the neck, and to tell you, it almost sounds the same as V8 on bridges, the only difference is the string sound (more twangy on bridge and more bass on neck).

Another note, does your guitar have floyd rose installed or a tremolo?

No its a fixed string through bridge, Telecaster
^ nod*

Hmm, telecaster eh, i dont think that the neck pickup on those will fit inside the bridge's pickup coz the neck pickup is thinner.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
^They won't, but he said the pickups were the same so i'm guessing it's a HH tele.

I should of said this before but they won't sound exactly the same because bridge and neck pickups have different DC resistances. I'd just wire them the right way around.
Hmm, missed the "bridge hum" part...

And yeah, even though the name is the same, they're both designed to suit its best position.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
and some pups are made to just be in one spot either neck,bridge or middle and thats where they were suited and were made to be put. of course you could always experiment around with pickup placement
If they are the same exact pups, then the neck pickup before will sound like your bridge pickups from before. If not, then listen to them.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
my question is about guitars that have the same pickups in the neck and the bridge but have different sounds. like the custom shop les pauls or 61 reissues that have 57 classics in the neck and bridge but yet the bridge sounds really twangy and the neck real bassy.

can someone explain that for me?
HOLY CRAP! ANCIENT THREAD! .....

well when u pick the guitar in bridge or neck part you'll get different sound. Same goes for the pickup, different resonant will be picked up thru the pickups thus. This still vary on different pickups with different outputs, not all will sound good on both position.

Example on pickups that sound well on both position is DiMarzio PAF Pro. Extreme twang for the bridge, nice lead tone in the neck
Thats what she said...
UGmusic