So I'm wanting to sell of my Epi Les Paul Custom for a new guitar and I came across a Jackson quite a while back that resembled a Soloist, minus the finish and the pups. I absolutely loved it, but wanted a second opinion on it. Here's the MF link for anyone interested:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DXMGTBCS-Dinky-Electric-Guitar-WEMG?sku=512248

I'm probably going to end up changing out the bridge EMG HZ for an active EMG of some sort or possibly a Seymour Duncan '59 model pickup. I'm also probably gonna (more than likely) run this through a Marshall DSL50/1960A cab. I'm mainly looking to play hardcore/post-hardcore and maybe some punk and such. Would this serve my needs?
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
i will say that for a long time i wanted to sell my epi les paul but soon i discovered that it was a great guiar. that jackson is a good guitar but id think your les paul is fine.
Eh, my only beef with my Epi is that the neck is a little too thick to my liking and not fast enough. It's a great guitar, don't get me wrong, I just think it's served its purposes.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Freaken right it would, i have a KE3 Kelly Jackson that has Seymour Duncan Humbuckers in them, and these things are HOT. YAH you may not even have to upgrade to EMG's (depending on the series of guitar i.e. Pro, X, or Soloist) because all Jacksons come equipped with either Duncan's or EMGs.
My Gear:

ESP EC-1000
Marshall MGDFX 30
Zoom G2.1u
It's a Dinky series and I just hear bad things about the HZ's. I want something that's a little versatile, so I think I might go with the SD's.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2