I am looking at buying a guitar basically at warmoth.com and building it. the one thing i really want is a place i can send a body that has NOTHING ON IT, NOT EVEN LACQUOR to a place that will take a picture that i send with the body and paint a large graphic on the guitar and lacquor it. kinda like what most custom jacksons have.
A car/motorcycle detailing place can do this...I'd say get Warmoth do to the basecoats, as the finishers probably won't know how to deal with wood. Get the sealer done, and then send it off, and they should do a fine job.

Nobody really does it only for guitars, as it's a relatively small market.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
depending on the graphic be prepared to pay a lot.

i occasionally airbrush motorcycles and a simple graphic like this harley tank i did, i charged $600 bucks for... the entire bike was $1000....and that is cheap for custom artwork!!!!!!

Before clearcoat

Last edited by mutated_riff at Aug 24, 2006,
Thats great mutated. Ace job and the shadowing/3-D/falling effect.

It's all going to depend on your graphic and the painter. And if it's something just like a simple tribal graphic or symbol, I say do it yourself. You can always print out a picture of it, blow it up on a copy machine, scale it to size. Use it to trace out a template with some masking tape. Scuff, paint. clear.
they wanted something clean... and patriotic....so its a big "flag style" maple leaf ripping apart into small "real" maple leaves.
You reduced the size of the pic, bastard. But that's great, it's a classic theme with a modern twist. You are very talented mutated.
hahah it was massive though...and thank you...its nice to know that my college education is getting me somewhere
Is it just me or did anyone else read the thread title and automatically think of Napoleon Dynamite typing it? And mutated, $600 for that tank? Your cheap. I would have charged closer to $2,000 to paint some hideous maple leaf on it....lol. But it looks nice though.
Some hideous maple leaf, somehow the term "slightly racist" crosses my mind

U are a good painter, I wish i could paint and charge people loads to get it done. Then i would actually have some money!

Also what program did u use to blur the numberplate?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
I also do that type of work. It's pretty crappy right now but check out my website for a few pics.
Quote by muikoma
I also do that type of work. It's pretty crappy right now but check out my website for a few pics.

Thats not crappy, it just takes time man. Keep it up.
Racist??? Racist by definition is being judgemental and predisposed to hatred to someone of a certain skin color. Canadians are white so how could be racist towards whites when Im white myself? I just dont like Canada, its too cold. And it was meant as sarcasm so dont read into it. Now had I said it was painted like a Canuck, then yeha that would be bad. But I said something about a crappy maple leaf.
Quote by aragoncustoms
Thats not crappy, it just takes time man. Keep it up.

I mean the website is crappy...I'm very proud of the guitars
sounds like your species-ist towards maple trees...and a luthier should love the mighty maple tree and all the beautiful wood it gives us... hahaha

the LGM shop is the same thing i wanna do....custom guitars and custom paint
Last edited by mutated_riff at Aug 25, 2006,
Quote by LuthierofTexas
Racist??? Racist by definition is being judgemental and predisposed to hatred to someone of a certain skin color. Canadians are white so how could be racist towards whites when Im white myself? I just dont like Canada, its too cold. And it was meant as sarcasm so dont read into it. Now had I said it was painted like a Canuck, then yeha that would be bad. But I said something about a crappy maple leaf.

being Racist is more than just dissing someone's skin color, it can also be about what religion they are and just what country they are from (i mean in my country, everyone seems to hate the french)
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
racism is all about discriminating because of which geographical area you come from, or what geographical area your family blood line comes from
Quote by eddiehimself
being Racist is more than just dissing someone's skin color, it can also be about what religion they are and just what country they are from (i mean in my country, everyone seems to hate the french)

Race:
Term which suggests a primarily biological basis for differences between groups which is not supported by genetic studies.

Racism:
Racism is prejudice or discrimination based on the belief that race is the primary factor determining human traits and abilities. Racism includes the belief that genetic or inherited differences produce the inherent superiority or inferiority of one race over another. In the name of protecting their race from "contamination," some racists justify the domination and destruction of races they consider to be either superior or inferior. ...

Patriotism:
Patriotism is a feeling of love and devotion to one's own homeland (patria, the land of one's fathers). This article surveys the concept of patriotism from the viewpoints of history, politics, ethics, and biology.
Marty