I've got money coming in nowadays and all I'll spend it on is guitars and guitar parphenalia. I'm facing a problem though. I have no car, the store's in Langley and I am not. This means I'm reduced to listening to sound samples of products on the manufacturer's site and Musician's Friend. As many of you have probabley noticed, nearly all the sample on Musicians Friend suck ass. They're all overly distorted, scary, crap. That being said, I play blues. I want a fuzz sound for some physcadelic and hippy blues music. (a la Hendrix) So go ahead and relentlessly suggest the Electro-Harmonix Big Muff, but if you can provide a sample of it, in which good music is played, that'd be helpful.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Langley B.C.? if that's the case then there's some stores in Surrey aswell.
Quote by Sick_Boy
Langley B.C.? if that's the case then there's some stores in Surrey aswell.

That's even furthur and, you know, it's Surrey.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
If you want Hendrix type tones, look into some Fuzz Face clones, there's quite a lot around, but avoid (you can try, but don't buy) the Dunlop reissue one like an angry cow on fire holding a gun chasing you.

Also you could look for a Jimi Hendrix System Classic Fuzz, they seem quite cool (sorry but don't have a sound sample)

Is there any kind of public transportation that goes to Langley from where you live?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
You can build yourself a fuzz face relatively easily. But if youre not up to the task, Id suggest the big muff. If you want a sound clip, try www.musiciansfriend.com
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Quote by HeartInACage
You can build yourself a fuzz face relatively easily. But if youre not up to the task, Id suggest the big muff. If you want a sound clip, try www.musiciansfriend.com

Didn't read the original post eh?

As for the fuzz face clone, Google only brings up The Analog Man Sun Face and one made by Phoenix Customs. Never seen either of those. And I suppose you're not reffering to Dunlop's Hendrix Classic Fuzz thing, but the original John Mayer ones. I'm nott gonna track one of them down and be able to afford it in my lifetime.

I suppose there are buses out to Langley, but that would mean carrying hundreds of dollars worth of equipment to the bus stop, waiting there with it, bringing it back to the bus station here and waiting with it there. I think that's a genuinly bad plan.