Do any of you guys know of any descent sounding amps with a bluesy tone but still will crank out mean distortion for harder rock? I wan't to avoid pedals.
Epiphone Blues Custom. I want one of them bad boys.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by colin617
Mesa Lonestar
Marshall Bluesbreaker

X2 on the lonestar, never heard the bluesbreaker in action but given the name i'm sure it's bluesy.

Listen to some Andy Timmons, he uses a Lonestar along with a Stilleto Deuce(I believe?). His tone is orgasmic.
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Runner Up for best guitarist...

Meh better than nothing
Quote by CheeseMuffin909
X2 on the lonestar, never heard the bluesbreaker in action but given the name i'm sure it's bluesy.

Isn't the bluesbreaker a pedal? I know a guy who has one..
I'm not positive, but I think it's an amp as well.
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Runner Up for best guitarist...

Meh better than nothing
It's a pedal and an amp. I believe its a 212 Version of the JTM45, Could be wrong though. The Bluesbreaker is a nickname because Clapton used it on the 'Bluesbreakers' album.
Quote by keeponrockin
It's a pedal and an amp. I believe its a 212 Version of the JTM45, Could be wrong though. The Bluesbreaker is a nickname because Clapton used it on the 'Bluesbreakers' album.

Ahh I never knew it had that nickname, but my friend also has a late 70's reissue of that amp, its great you can sound just like clapton with it, breaks up perfectly
Fender Bassman. I use mine for exactly what you want. If you want to hear the distortion on it, listen to Hendrix's "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)." One thing though is the volume gets very loud before it breaks up. For lower volumes I would recommend an attenuator or a tubescreamer.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)