Electro Harmonix says I need a 96DC-200BI (9-volt) power supply.

Could I instead just use one of their other 9v power suppiles?
Quote by Blood_Covered
ts impossible to finish getting a wank when yngwie is in the backround shredding the fury out while some chicks taking it up the ass
And how can I tell if they do?
Quote by Blood_Covered
ts impossible to finish getting a wank when yngwie is in the backround shredding the fury out while some chicks taking it up the ass
No I have this problem with my orginal Big Muff and you can't seemingly use any other 9v apart from the Electro Harmonix one.

Seriously though I put a 9v battery in when I bought it in December of last year and it is still working fine now.
Quote by nothing2gein
And how can I tell if they do?

Well, for instance, my power supply goes like so...

as do my effect pedals. You want to make sure that diagram is the same on whatever your using.
Just see if it works, if it does, then good.

But I won't be responsible for any explosions, damages, injuries, deaths, fires etc.
Quote by Tsunekuni
Well, for instance, my power supply goes like so...

as do my effect pedals. You want to make sure that diagram is the same on whatever your using.

Thanks for the info.

Just to make sure though,

and

are the same right?

Quote by Invictious

But I won't be responsible for any explosions, damages, injuries, deaths, fires etc.

I got the Musician's Friend warranty thing just in case anything goes wrong.
Quote by Blood_Covered
Last edited by nothing2gein at Aug 24, 2006,
The thing I'd be most worried about is the non-standard jack on that power supply.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by Invictious

Yea, don't do that. You can fuck your equpiment up doing that. Just make sure the polarity symbols match up on both products like previously mentioned.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by StaggHound
The thing I'd be most worried about is the non-standard jack on that power supply.

Except that both of the 9v adapters are that shape

Quote by Blood_Covered
You probably should have gotten a pink or salmon colored sheet that explains what kind of power supply you can use.
Quote by nothing2gein
Except that both of the 9v adapters are that shape

Well, call me crazy...

But weren't you asking if you could use an off-brand 9V adaptor to power your Metal Muff, as opposed to an Electro-Harmonix adaptor?

In which case, the only real concern would be whether an off-brand adaptor would fit.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Those power adaptors have different current ratings - one is rated for 100mA and the other is rated for 500mA, the worst that could happen is that your PSU can't supply enough current for it, in which case it wouldn't come on, like having a flat battery, I'm guessing that the 96DC-200BI may be a slightly better design of psu, maybe the Metal Muff may work slightly better with it, maybe not. The 200 bit of it's name suggests that it's probably rated for 200mA, so you would probably have a better chance of getting it to work with the MKD-41090500
Last edited by Mr Songwriter at Aug 25, 2006,