I've got all my main pedal needs covered (Overdrive, chorus, delay and EQ) and I'm thinking of getting a Tremolo pedal (I've seen an EH Pulsar for £55) but I'm wondering how much use I'm going to get out of it, I realise it would be fun for the odd song here and there, but it's hard to justify spending £55 for that, so I'm trying to find out if there are any interesting tricks you can do with trem pedals (clips would be good) or ways you can combine them with other FX to create unusual sounds...
Trems always sound good with a vintage clean tone for blues, you can also get some good lo fi pulses from a trem, it works well with chorus.
Trem is probs best for a chunky rythm with a bit of overdrive, or like i said for blues or classic rock cleans or mildly overdriven also nice for sustaining chords, its a good effect to use in your songs bridge.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

great for overdubbing a guitar aswell.
if you're strumming an acoustic pattern with 4 chords say, you could strum the chord once at every change with the tremolo and really define those changes.
Try one out and see what you think.
If you mainly play metal I probably would'nt bother unless you feel you can incorporate the
effect within the music you write.
I've got tremolo but I never really use it
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
Yes E MO is now officialy banned and censored i knew that it was really bad. lol

About your problem if you have an extra 55 go for it you will at least have fun trying to find uses for it
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
I do like to play a bit of metal every now and then, but I'm more into jangly chorusy stuff like The Smiths and REM, I tried a Pulsat the other day and it was pretty nice.

if you're strumming an acoustic pattern with 4 chords say, you could strum the chord once at every change with the tr***lo and really define those changes.

Cool. That's the kind of thing I was after and I do do quite a bit of recording, so I will check that out; when I think of guitar songs with a tr***lo effect on, I tend to think of ones where it's very high in the mix, but I guess you could use it as a subtle background thing.
Have fun
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
Quote by Syn Harvest
Yes E MO is now officialy banned and censored i knew that it was really bad. lol

Aren't Americans meant to be all about free speech and sh*t? I have never been on a more heavily or ludicrously censored site than this one.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
yes america is all about free speech but this isnt an american site is it
God bless mother Russia.
Freedom is the freedom to say 2+2=4. If that is granted, all else follows.
Quote by Syn Harvest

About your problem if you have an extra 55 go for it you will at least have fun trying to find uses for it

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. what if people are into that sort of music, i mean not me personally, but isn't it a valid form of music ? next their gonna band metal, or backs***t boys or something.
Marty
Quote by Syn Harvest
yes america is all about free speech but this isnt an american site is it

bloody hell cas was just having a little bit of fun and will remove it once it becomes boring
ya azn i think its funny that cas did it i was just pointing it out i honestly dont care if its censored or not it doesnt bother me
To be honest... Tremolos are used a lot. Generally not full.. For example the intro of "Guerilla Radio" where its a pretty obvious Dot dash dot sound.

Chords are given subtle tremolos to make them sound a but more pulsy (Is that a word?)

I like using tremolo when i do feedback FX solos at the end of gigs, Mixed with auto wah and Pitch shifting form my fuzz factory it can sound pretty messed up.
Quote by Syn Harvest
ya azn i think its funny that cas did it i was just pointing it out i honestly dont care if its censored or not it doesnt bother me

yeh sorry was meant to quote the guy above you
Think when everything jsut looks like this:
Ive got a really bad **, so im thinking about a **** amp, whould a ******** ***** be good? I play ******* ****

The one who figure out the whole sentencse gets buttsec... i mean cookies.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Last edited by Gabel at Aug 25, 2006,
Ive got a really bad amp, so im thinking about a **** amp, whould a Marshall MG100 be good? I play ****ty punk

Gabe did i get it can i have the butsecks i mean cookie