Can anyone recomond some simple guitar solos to play on bass. I can play the smells like teen spirit solo. Nothing to insane and I only have a 4 string.

Thanks much
why dont you get bass solos? hmm kryptonite by 3 doors down interlude part should work...
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
3 Doors Down - Landing in London
Story of the Year - Take Me Back
Quote by opivy21
I hate feet. I don't even like the word toe. They're like mutated reject hands.

Quote by primusfan
Soak your testicles in battery acid. Works for some people.
its not a guitar solo but you should have a look at the bass for Hysteria by Muse its not too hard and its good fun to play.
What is the point in learning a guitar solo on a bass? It's hardly used as a solo instrument. But anyways, a really simple solo is the one from Can't Repeat by the Offspring. Take it down to it's root notes instead of the split power chords.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
^ hardly used as a solo instrument? there are legions of solo bassists...
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Quote by Yertle
^ hardly used as a solo instrument? there are legions of solo bassists...

I'm talking about music you would hear if you weren't specifically looking for bass solos. I can name only a few songs that have true bass solos where the bass isn't the lead instrument, as it is in the bass solo artist's band/group.

I mean, yeah, the solo bassists are out there, but they are made for that purpose- bass solos. Not a lot of music generally has a bass solo. My point is, in bands where the bass isn't the lead instrument, it's not exaclty common to hear a bass solo.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
Not many, but more than you would think. The Who and Cream had plenty of bass solos, to name a couple of insanely popular groups. Besides, anything that helps someone get better at bass should be used, be it originally on guitar or not.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
The intro to Calm Like A Bomb by Rage Against The Machine. It was the first bass solo i learnt.
IMO
if you hear something and you try to play it on your bass there's nothing wrong with that, be it a guitar rif/solo, a melody played on keyboards or violin, cello, anything that you could whistle too. is something too high for your four strings? put it an octave lower. the point is to have fun.

back in my cradle of filth period i learned the kboard intro from A Gothic Romance, and a few other stuffs from them, like the Tearing the Veil from grace's guitar solo (as hard as the smells like teen spirit's), etc. it felt good (, and forced me to use more than root notes... )
Last edited by macsek at Aug 24, 2006,
Quote by k hammet
why u don't play bass solos?

Cos im stupid and dident think of that ><

Thanks for the list dudes.
play the intro to For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica
best bass intro ever it not to hard but not to easy if u know what i mean
Last edited by CrazyBassist at Aug 25, 2006,
master of puppets, the first solo is really easy on bass, you just have to do it one octave below the guitar....
Dream Theater - The Glass Prison. Try playing the crazy arpeggios around 2:23 or so.
Proud Member Of The Bass Militia

PM Nutter_101 To Join