Hey hello!

Yeah, I'm doing The Warmth by Incubus at my school in a couple of weeks, but I still can't figure out how to make that whale sound in the intro. Not the guitar, its just echo I think...
The Whale sound. You know, like when Homer is out playing wargames and he's hungry.

Anyway, please help me. Is it played on a synth? If so, what do ya call it? The setting, that is.

Thank You!
NOT QUITE A FEMBOT.

My setup as we speak:
Fender Stratocaster aw, Peavey Bandit 112, Crybaby hooked with 2 Boss pedals; delay and distortion.
As far as I know it's just a clean guitar with delay, but I'm not certain on that.

Edit: Never mind, didn't read the post properly, apologies.

I think the part you mean is played by the DJ.
Last edited by Kylix at Aug 24, 2006,
What album is that on?
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
I believe for the intro it's a simple delay (or 2) washed out in reverb. The lead-in to the verse is an overdriven tone through a phaser. The chorus is just overdriven guitar, and the breakdown it probably 2 phasers at different speeds and possibly an envelope filter.
dudes, not the guitar.. well, it might be a guitar.. i'm talking about before the intro/verse guitar. theres a sound like a hungry whale.

Its on make yourself.
NOT QUITE A FEMBOT.

My setup as we speak:
Fender Stratocaster aw, Peavey Bandit 112, Crybaby hooked with 2 Boss pedals; delay and distortion.
Anyway, could it possibly be made on a synth? Its just for school, not an acutal gig.
NOT QUITE A FEMBOT.

My setup as we speak:
Yeah, Kilmore had it recorded before the Warmth was written and added it to the song.

Look through here. Great info on all Einziger stuff(also inlcudes the warmth).