Need a new amp and looking for a tube amp. Was searching for a used valveking but they seem to be rare on ebay. Need it to play in a garage band. Thanks.

"this amp is rated at 60 watts and it pretty dam loud."
I really dont like crate but if you like the tone go for it. Whats your budget and what kinda music you playing
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
my budget... im not sure. no more then 380 american. I have a crate GT65 now and want to get a tube amp. this one is cheap. I have a ubermetal pedal, bad horsie 1, digitech hyper phase and 7 ban EQ pedal. I play alot of metal with my band. And i dont want a VOx ad50 or what ever because i want a pedal collection and i herd they aint great with pedals.
how likely are you to be able to save up more money do you have a job or source of income
lol damn.. i have a job it just dont pay much. and i needed a amp now because my crate gt65 wont work at high volumes.. and im in a band.

looking for something used. might be able to squeez a little more money into it.
The power block is Crap IMO if you want a good amp you should save up for a peavey 5150 combo its about 500 used on ebay your just gonna have to save up a little more you wont be disappointed
Quote by Syn Harvest
The power block is Crap IMO if you want a good amp you should save up for a peavey 5150 combo its about 500 used on ebay your just gonna have to save up a little more you wont be disappointed

yup, one went for 520 2day.. i love the look of it also. but i have no amp .. u see lol.. this thread is pointless at this point i think. lol
lol what do you mean pointless i was trying to help you but ok. your best bet is saving up and getting the 5150 its better than wasting your money now on something that isnt the best you could get
nothing towards you im just saying i think we established that cant get much out of 380 american.
ya thats true best bet save up and get the 5150 combo
I dunno man, depends on how much you can get that amp for. What's he charging? If it's dirt cheap, it's bound to be a significant upgrade over the GT65 in both volume and tone. Although obviously, if you can save, the 5150 will kick it's ass.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
I dunno man, depends on how much you can get that amp for. What's he charging? If it's dirt cheap, it's bound to be a significant upgrade over the GT65 in both volume and tone. Although obviously, if you can save, the 5150 will kick it's ass.

its pretty cheap i can afford it.
can you try it out first? I've never heard one of those, but if it's like their Vintage series, it might not have enough gain on it's own for metal. With your pedals, you should get a lot better sound out of it than the GT65 though, although I would prefer an OD.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids