Here's the deal. At the moment I'm using a Peavey backstage amp lent kindly my a mates dad, but he's coming back from holiday on Saturday and I need an amp (I only got my guitar a few weeks ago). I'm skint though, I think I could put £50 towards it, and my dads willing to pay out another 50. How about some reccomendations of a decent/good amp he won't be screaming at me for having up too loud? Second hand will do.
I just bought a Vox DA5. They're £109 retail, but I got mine for £89 at Sound Control. They're 5 watt but sound pretty decent for something so small. It comes with built-in effects, amp modelling, and noise reduction. It's also got a power select where you can take it down to 1.5w and 0.5w, so you can't have it too loud by accident.
21st Century Digital Boy
Last edited by hardcoreatheist at Aug 24, 2006,
^^ Yup the Vox DA5 would be a great choice. Also check out the Roland Microcube. Both will be quiet, are small and can run on batteries. Personally I like the tone of the Vox series better but I have no experience with the DA5. I have only used the 15 and the head.
LOL I just use a little pod 2.0 and a set of headphones around my girlfriends flat for practising.
Does the job just fine and it only cost me 60 quid on ebay.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab