Okay , anyone here who owns one?

Im thinking about buying this one (it costs 749 euro overhere (was 995 euro) ) (note : most things cost more here if you gonna compare it to US prices) the guitar also got a 5 out of 5 in Total Guitar so that's what made me think about it.

So im not a good guitarist , have my guitar like 3 years but actually started practicing since 1 year or so ...

Anyway , I like to play Punk/ Metal Like..... Rise Against , Trivium ,BFMV , G'n R
... and bands like that

So by now im thinking about purchasing a new guitar+ amp

I had this guitar in mind , (read in other forum that Signature guitars are just waste of money if so...what do you recommend then ? in range of let's say : NOT MORE then 1000 euro's.

and the amp i had in mind was Line6 Spider II 212. (399? over here)

I'll summon it up : Do you think it's worth purchasing this guitar? Will I be satisfied for quite a while or will i be whining that i want another guitar in a couple of years.

I've read alot of reviews about Line6 Spider II 212 , most of them were positive but also some negative.....about the sound being 'too fake' . i assume that's the 'clean' they're talking about eh? not the harder ones...metal and stuff.

Before everyone get's mad ; yes i'll go to a store and ill check it out myself too

(just the amp) because the store that sells the guitar isn't quite in the neighbourhood .

So please , experiences , suggestions , advice (i know im nOOb -_-)

Anyways thanks,
Don't get it
look at what you play, half of it sucks where as the other part (trivium, GnR) is shred like so you need a faster neck (I doubt he's good enough to shred on an LP yet) you dont play ozzy or BLS so there isnt much point anyway
er...trivium and GnR both play les pauls...

The guitar has EMG Hz pickups, which can sound great or crap depending on what amp you have.

The Spider amp sucks, by the way. I wouldn't recommend it. I'd say if you want a versatile amp that can do metal, go for the Roland Cube. It's also digital, but sounds so much better.

As for other guitars, I'll obviously recommend the Ibanez RG series, or some middle class Jackson.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Don't get it
look at what you play, half of it sucks where as the other part (trivium, GnR) is shred like so you need a faster neck (I doubt he's good enough to shred on an LP yet) you dont play ozzy or BLS so there isnt much point anyway

neither of those are shred.
Dickless.
the emg also suck hard if they're planted into the wrong guitar
i also play an ibanez rg with an bill lawrence l-500 XL
and playing with a lp fast is just a question of practice...f.e. zakk wylde or kirk hammet...
but you should test the guitar...what fit's your style best
but the zakk wylde is a signature and I would only buy a signature if you're very keen on zakk...
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
Hehe i don't give a fck about zakk ......though it looked cool ...eh but that's not what I should be paying attention too right ^^

hum , so far i see nobody encourages me to do it ... I really have to check it out myself...incl. amp :p i think ill go to the store tomorrow =)

ps. Right now im using a squier strat...and my amp is busted ...(was some small behringer...****in crap sound) ....Everybody seems to suggest Roland Cube eh...
and well... gnr isn't shred and it never will be LOL
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
Ibanez RG321 ...that one cost round 300 euro's here :S

I wanna spend like 700-1000 euro's on a hopefully kickazz guitar =P

and another 400-700 euro for a good amp :p
I said 'shreddy' as in, fast complicated solos and stuff like sweeps and sclae runs, the les paul is chunky and slow, and correction trivium's RYTHM guitarist used to use a les paul

And the guy's said he doesnt care about the guitar, just its looks, which is the worst attitude to have, look into a jackson, ibanez, schecter or LTD they're good for your standard of music, plus you can get some quite cheap ones that'll suit your level of playing
Quote by Punk2Guitar
Ibanez RG321 ...that one cost round 300 euro's here :S

I wanna spend like 700-1000 euro's on a hopefully kickazz guitar =P

and another 400-700 euro for a good amp :p

You need to set aside more money for the amp, that way you'll get a better tone.

Besides, the RG321 is just as good as any other Ibanez RG up to the 1570.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I said 'shreddy' as in, fast complicated solos and stuff like sweeps and sclae runs, the les paul is chunky and slow, and correction trivium's RYTHM guitarist used to use a les paul

And the guy's said he doesnt care about the guitar, just its looks, which is the worst attitude to have, look into a jackson, ibanez, schecter or LTD they're good for your standard of music, plus you can get some quite cheap ones that'll suit your level of playing

Wtf...your twisting my words.

I said it looks cool , but that's not what i should be paying attention on.

If i only cared about looks , i would have bought it by now.
er...trivium and GnR both play les pauls...
QUOTE]

not being a smartass , but only the lead singer played a les paul . now they switched over to playing the DIME razorback guitars by dean *skeet* . But you are right , he USED to . And what a very nice les paul it was . but anyway , i wouldnt get a les paul . If you play rise against and B4MV , get a ESP or LTD . thats what both of those bands use. B4MV also uses jacksons as well , or used to .
Gear: Ibanez RG350ex , Schecter Gryphon , Paul Reed Smith Santana SE , Fender Standard Splatter Strat , Peavy Raptor ,Carvin v3 , Peavey cab . BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay , flanger ,super overdrive , turbo distortion ,and DIME Crybaby From Hell.
Quote by Punk2Guitar

got a 5 out of 5 in Total Guitar so that's what made me think about it.
I've read alot of reviews about Line6 Spider II 212 , most of them were positive but also some negative.....

Here's a thing about reviews. Almost ALL are positive. If it's a review from
someone who bought it, it will almost always be a glowing review. Who wants
to think that they bought themselves a turd? If it's in a mag, they don't want to
piss of the advertisers.

Besides, in the end, it almost always is just a personal decision. Most guitars will
do the job beyond a certain price range. So, I never really recommend anything
in particular.

But, I will say you could likely do better than the zak wilde thing and get a decent
tube amp for that money.
I meant you care about the looks more than the actual guitar as you said you want it cos it looks cool, if you were a Zakk fan i could understand why you're getting it, why dont you get Jackson RR3 Rhoads, bullet for my valentine *shudder* use simarlar (RR5) and they are good guitars i hear, apparently the EMGs in the epi suck
Okok , well ill think about it ...it's not like im in a rush anyway....

Just wanna have a good guitar...and if possible with cool look of course :p ^^

ill have a look @ some Jacksons , ESPs, LTDs....