No way. I dont know about every single guitar, but his main Gibson replicas and his Goldtop Les Pauls are all in phase
sorry if this is a really silly question, but what does "out of phase" mean?
Quote by tommyt
i dont think slash's are but peter green's are

Pffffttttt

Gary Moore's LP (out of phase) > Slash's LP
ignore those i guys i read somewhere that when slash has both pups on it IS wired to out of phase.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Quote by Salzary
sorry if this is a really silly question, but what does "out of phase" mean?

i want to know too
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Peter Green HIMSELF was out of phase. What's your point? The man used to be a lunatic.

He made Fleetwood Mac sound good, though. In the beginning. With 'Then Play On' and stuff. Woot.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
this is all new to me.... can anyone supply a link to prove his pickups being out of phase?
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
can any1 tell me wat out of phase is?
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
Out of phase: Soundwaves move...well, in waves. If there are two soundwaves that are both peaking and valleying at the same time, they're "in phase." If one peaks while the other valleys, they're "out of phase" 180 degrees. You can put a humbucker's coils out of phase, two single coils out of phase, or two humbuckers out of phase. But you need 2 sound producers.

Repect the paint abilities biotches.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Sep 13, 2006,
Another tone option for a guitarist is to put a pickup out of phase with another pickup, producing a thin "inside-out" squawky kind of sound. When 2 pickups are in phase, they work together and reinforce each other. When they are out of phase the 2 pickups are working against one another and the resulting sound is the "leftovers" from these cancellations. The closer the 2 pickups are, the greater the cancellations, the thinner the sound and the lesser the volume. Therefore, the neck and bridge pickups out of phase is the best choice for this type of sound.

There we go.
Quote by Rebirah
There we go.

That explanation SUCKEDZORZ!!! Mine roold.
Hi, I'm Peter
That's what we get for letting a lawyer on the forum. We all look like jackasses now.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Quote by Dirk Gently

Haha, I wouldn't of taken the time to copy and paste that if I knew you were gonna explain it...
Quote by Dirk Gently

Oh that was a burn, you just got burned. Burn dude! Burned.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Slash does have more than one guitar you know, so yes, i have no doubt in my mind that of the hundreds of guitars the guy owns, at least one has an out of phase neck pup.
noo thats not true, he uses various fenders and his les pauls to record, im sure he uses more than only 2 guitars
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Actually, technically, humbuckers are already out of phase because that's how they "buck the hum." It doesn't necessarily mean that it's a thin sound. But you can't put it even more out of phase by actually wiring that way and getting the out of phase tone.
Quote by Hardin
Pffffttttt

Gary Moore's LP (out of phase) > Slash's LP

erm, im pretty sure that gary moore's LP used to belong to Peter Green, he sold it to gary for roughly £120 quid
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by joshsirjoshules
Actually, technically, humbuckers are already out of phase because that's how they "buck the hum." It doesn't necessarily mean that it's a thin sound. But you can't put it even more out of phase by actually wiring that way and getting the out of phase tone.

No, "bucking hum" has to do with magnetic polarity cancelling out interference, not with the phasing of the soundwaves. That's why middle pickups on Strats are "RWRP" - reverse wound, reverse polarity - to cancel hum.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by tommyt
erm, im pretty sure that gary moore's LP used to belong to Peter Green, he sold it to gary for roughly £120 quid

Yup. If he sold it now it would probably go for over 1 million or so
Quote by Hardin
Yup. If he sold it now it would probably go for over 1 million or so

yeah but, hell the guy was insane and needed drugs, probably seemed like a no brainer at the time
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon