Okay i play guitar and keyboard but i also want to learn drums and bass i would like to buy a real drum kit but i cant because of noise issues, but i was wondering with electronic drums can you just play with headphones do they make alot of noise that other people will hear do they sound realistic and if you learn on them will you later be able to play a real drum kit? i know its a guitar site but im hoping someone will know
Couldn't you buy a drum kit and then put those pads on top of the heads to dampen the sound way down? The ones that people use so that they don't make a lot of noise. Do what you want, but electronic drums always struck me as taboo.
A couple of my friends have drum sets, just put some pads on top to lessen the sound. Make sure they are thick and it wont be too loud.
I think all of the roland ones have a headphone jack spot on them. I wouldnt want to learn on them because they cant replace a real drum set. They are alright but they dont respond to touch like a real set, especially the high hat. it would be like trying to play guitar parts on a keyboard. it just isnt the same. That said if a good drummer is playing them you prolly wouldnt be able to tell the difference if you werent looking at them, only if you were playing them. plus the fact that a electric set, new or used, will prolly cost 2-3 times the price of a regular set. My dad bought his TD-7s used and a new amp a while ago for $1500. New sets are closer to $3000 without an amp. You can easily buy a good used set of acoustic drums on craigslist with hardware and everything for $500.
hmm..how reliable is craigs list for musical stuff?
Gear List:
Jackson DKMG Dinky Cobalt-Blue
Washburn EA8B Cutaway
Line 6 Spider II 112
Jekyll & Hyde Overdrive/Distortion Pedal
Boss RC20-XL Looper Station
Quote by saband
Okay i play guitar and keyboard but i also want to learn drums and bass i would like to buy a real drum kit but i cant because of noise issues, but i was wondering with electronic drums can you just play with headphones do they make alot of noise that other people will hear do they sound realistic and if you learn on them will you later be able to play a real drum kit? i know its a guitar site but im hoping someone will know

Well... if you dish out the money for the right program, you'll get better drum synths. If you use a free online download, they are gonna sound like shit. Get it?

Being that electronic drums are either on a computer or a standalone device and require speakers to be heard, they won't be any louder than you turn up your speakers. Duh.
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by saband

my drummer had a set u jst put head phones on and it sounds like ur hitting a cushion, but it sounds cheesey, like synth drums