Hello,

I have a friend who is willing to sell his jackson DKMG with the liscenced Floyd Rose. He isnt sure how much to sell it for, and I'm not sure either. I dont want to rip him off and I dont want to get stung by a high price. It has a few small paint chips but is in otherwise good condition. Its a few years old now, but im unsure of how old.

How much should I be paying for something like this? Im really interested, but Im not exactly sure of how much to pay....

Thanks everyone!

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Quote by chobbsy
how much did he originally pay for it and how old is it?

I believe he got it 2nd hand and he doesnt know how old it is.....

Just a ballpark figure guys - maybe a lowest - highest value it could be - i.e. the range of prices they could gor for. Even if you give me an idea in USD.

Cheers,

Dan
Gear List;

Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
i would say somewhere around the $750 mark and thats if its in perfect condition if its battered lightly $650 and just plan bashed $300 but really if your selling on ebay your friend is going to have a hard time selling it. i suggest he try the people at the western front forums first
Quote by azn_guitarist25
i would say somewhere around the $750 mark and thats if its in perfect condition if its battered lightly $650 and just plan bashed $300 but really if your selling on ebay your friend is going to have a hard time selling it. i suggest he try the people at the western front forums first

Thanks mate,

But the thing is - I am the one who wants to buy it! He doesnt want to sell it on ebay - He wants to sell it to me....

Thanks for the info guys,

Dan
Gear List;

Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
^ lol, that's pretty mean. But what the hell? That is one hell of a deal.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by flyingjew34
^ lol, that's pretty mean. But what the hell? That is one hell of a deal.

Well, he is a friend and I don't really want that that to him.... So u think about $400 AUD for a reasonable condition DKMG is ok? Is that a reasonable offer? It has a couple of chips and one of the knobs is kinda stuffed. Everything else seems to work ok, but I dont know yet. Checking it out 2morrow. Is there anything specific I should look at???

BTW does anyone know if the trem on this is ok??? I'm assuming its a liscenced Jackson FL trem.

One last thing - Does anyone know if the old Jackson Performers are any good? There is a ripper one on ebay that I am also looking at.

Thanks everyone,

Dan
Gear List;

Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
last time i checked on evilbay there were about 3 jackson performers. and yeh that price is fair id be nice to him and slip an extra $50 or buy him a carton of beer for the trade off. dont know much but the trem could be the JT500 which cant be exchanged for an OFR sadly.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
last time i checked on evilbay there were about 3 jackson performers. and yeh that price is fair id be nice to him and slip an extra $50 or buy him a carton of beer for the trade off. dont know much but the trem could be the JT500 which cant be exchanged for an OFR sadly.

So ur saying that about $400 is a fair trade?? What should I look for in the guitar, to make sure its all good? I'll check the trem 2morrow and see.

Do you know about the performers?? Are they a reasonable guitar??

Cheers azn,

Dan
Gear List;

Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
also check neck joint. smoothness of paint. and hairline crack marks. and performers dont know much about them. should check harmony central reviews and search performers using the search function on ug