I am wanting to buy a Hagstrom guitar. There are the two types i want, the Swede and the Super Swede. One of my favorite bands, The Secret Machines, plays a Swede, and I'm pretty sure it is the Swede and not the Super Swede. from insight from everyone else, what one do you recommend?
The only real difference between the 2 models is the Super Swede has a nice figured maple veneer top. The Super Swede also has a slightly longer scale length. I think they have slightly different fretboard inlays too if I remember correctly.

EDIT:

Just checked the site. Swede has the 24.75" Gibson scale, Super Swede has the 25.5" Fender scale. Otherwise, all specs are the same (except the maple veneer top).
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
thanks for the help. so, if you were to buy one, would you get the super swede reissue?
I tend to prefer the shorter scale of the Swede, but the Super Swede is cool too. I find it feels odd playign a Les Paul copy with longer scale though.. I have a friend that has a black Super Swede he won at a battle of the bands last winter, and I find it feel odd. But liek I said, that's just me. I tend to prefer the shorter Gibson scale...
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
I know that The Secret Machines guitarist uses a Swede. It's the white one... uh huh.

I like the guitars, but the body shape looks fatter than normal LPs, and I'm still deciding whether I like it or not.

Mind you... SM's guitarist also uses a bunch of Gibsons.
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster (Sunburst Finish)
Washburn X-Series Electric (Black Finish)
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic (Black Finish)
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack