Well, as sad as it is to say, I just got around to learning the major scale..

I been playing for about a year, before today I usually just used Minor pentatonic scales, in different keys.. Today I decided to learn the major scale , and learned the fingers for it in the key of E. I just got the fingering down and have been imrpov'ing through it for a while.. My questions are,

Any suggestions for some neat licks to get down with it, that are cool to throw in, I'm into Classic Rock, Blues, Metal..

Also, with Modes, they are based off of the major scale, and like, is it a one note difference with every mode, like flattening a note, or raising it. ??

As far as getting more familiar with it goes, I know for the Minor Pentatonic there is 5 "boxes" if thats what you want to call them, when I learned the major scale earlier, I kind of put it into like, 3 boxes.. Not sure how people generally like, work with this scale.. I know it is a neccesity and I want to get fairly good with it..

With the Minor Pent. You can just shift the boxes up or down to change the key, I learned that, and it is fairly simple.. Is there any type of thing like that when it comes to the major scale??

Sorry if this post is confusing, basically any input with the major scale in general would be appreciated. Thanks for your guys time in advance.
Every degree of a major scale can be a starting point for a scale called a mode. Modes have the same notes of the respective major scale, but each start and end on a different note and each has a different set of intevals, making each sound different. The modes (in order) of the major scale are:

Ionian
Dorian
Phrygian
Lydian
Mixolydian
Aeolian
Locrian

And to find the modes of the major scale, you can just line up each scale degree to the appropriate mode. So the key of C major is C D E F G A B. So the modes in C major are:

C Ionian
D Dorian
E Phrygian
F Lydian
G Mixolydian
A Aeolian
B Locrian
I kind of get that but kind of don't. So do you mean the Dorian mode for C major, starts on D?

So if it was the E Major Scale then

it would be like

F# Dorian
G# Phrygian
A Lydian?

I kind of got what you were saying, but it also kind of confused me, sorry lol.
i had this exact same problem a while back, i got confused, but its pretty simple, u know the pentatonic and it has 5 'boxes', the major scale has 7 modes named above, these if you want to compare to the pent are like the pentatonic 'boxes' so the first pattern of the pent, is like the ionian mode of the major scale, then the second pattern is dorian, and you can move it about the same way as pentatonic up and down the neck for the key of the song,

but before more knowledgeable guitarists start goin mad at me i have to tell u that, each 'box' of the major scale is the start of another scale, so ionian is another name for the major scale, then there is dorian it is the second box of the major scale, but if you play the dorian scale it i the firs tbox, and there are other boxes for it to learn later in you playin, and its the same for all other boxes of the major scale,
if you look at the minor scale you'll notice that the first 'box' is the 6th mode of the major scale (Aeolian) and you can see it has other boxes of its own, this is an example of how all the other scales work out of the major scale,

hope that cleared things up for you, rock on
The way I learned the major scale was to use it the same way about the Minor Pent. or Blues scale - you can slide it up and down the fret board to change keys, and I also learned different boxes. I learned the major scale in A first (5th fret), which goes like this:

eADGBE
444 4

I call that the root position. The next position is 2 frets up:

e A D G B E
7 7 7 7 7 7
9 9 9 9 9 9
10 11 11 11 10 10

The next position is four frets up the board from the root (9th fret for A):

e A D G B E
9 9 9 9 9 9
10 11 11 11 10 10
12 12 12 12 12 12

The next position is five frets up from the root (10th fret);

e A D G B E
10 11 11 11 10 10
12 12 12 13 12 12
14 14 14 14 14 14

Finally, three frets down the neck (2nd fret for A):

e A D G B E
2 2 2 2 2 2
4 4 4 4 3 4
5 5 6 6 5 5

So by memorizing the patterns and knowing how many frets up or down from the root of the key, I can use the boxes in any key. I hope that helps. It's true that you can start the scale from a different point and get different modes, but I can't do that on the fly. It's easier for me (at least for now) to just memorize the scale patterns for the different modes.
I may be wrong here, but isn't the intro to Dream Theatre's SPace Dye Vest based on a major scale? If it's not major, it's minor...either way, a good example of how to use a scale to build a riff. Also Sunshine of Your Love by Cream, thoguh I think that is minor...
"He has a woman's name and wears makeup. How original."
--Alice Cooper, on Marilyn Manson.