I'm new...I don't know if this is the right place for this , but can anyone tell me how to tune in "Drop D"? I want to play A7X, but their songs all say Drop d...Can someone help?
GEAR:

Jackson Pro Series RR3 (w/ EMG 81/85 combo)
Schecter Gryphon
Epiphone SG G-310
Squier Standard Strat (w/ Fender Strat pups)
Roland Cube 20X
Boss ME-50
Match the pitch of the 7th fret of the E string to the A string and the E string will be a D string. Thats it.
RIP SYD
Member #6 of the "SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4lifeSZ to join.
Standard tuning is EADGBE
So drop D is DADGBE

You only need to change the 6th string E to D. You tune it down a tone. So you will match the sixth string with the 4th string which actually is a D.

Keep it Funky
my guitar will make you cry
So tune the 6th string to match the 4th string?
GEAR:

Schecter Gryphon
Epiphone SG G-310
Roland Cube 20X
Boss ME-50
if your guitar is in normal tuning, then place your finger on the 5th fret of the E string. this is probably the second dot on the thickest string. now, while still holding that note play it as well as the second thickest string. if done properly they should sound the same, giving you a kind of sitary sound. now while playing the notes, move the E string tuning peg towards you a little bit, the sound should become quite awkward. now place your finger on ther 6th fret (next one up) now play that and the second thickest string it should sound the same. again move the tuning peg until it is the 7th fret that sounds the same as the second thickest string. now you should be in drop-d. and while you're like that, learn tool songs
If I had something interesting to say, something to advertise or maybe a quote of someone referencing me in a positive light, it would go here. Yes it would.
Quote by foxthor_rider2k
So tune the 6th string to match the 4th string?

Exactly!
OK, thanks a lot!
GEAR:

Schecter Gryphon
Epiphone SG G-310
Roland Cube 20X
Boss ME-50
Huh?
GEAR:

Schecter Gryphon
Epiphone SG G-310
Roland Cube 20X
Boss ME-50
I...don't get it.
GEAR:

Schecter Gryphon
Epiphone SG G-310
Roland Cube 20X
Boss ME-50
Instead of tightening the string till it gets to D again, Just loosing it, or drop it down if you want to call it that... From E, to D, which isn't much of a drop.. If you have a tuner, take it out, Loosening the 6th string, E.. To D....
Ok
GEAR:

Schecter Gryphon
Epiphone SG G-310
Roland Cube 20X
Boss ME-50
Quote by Saphira Night
You only need to change the 6th string E to D. You tune it down a tone.

sooo, i have already said that!!!!!