Alright, heres the deal, I got my new Schecter Damien 6 the other day from my good friends at musicians friend. Anyway, there is one anooying problem. I get this HORRIBLE feedback from it whenever not playing (even sometimes while playing) and the only remedy I found for it is to turn the tone knob on the guitar all the way down, but when I do that I get this really muffled sound that makes all of my palm mutes sound muddled together. Now the only things I can think of are A) The EMG-HZ pickups are causing this horrible feedback. B) My amp (Spider 2 HD 150 Watt Stack) which Im actually getting sick of as of late (just cant get a great distortion sound). or C) I simply need a noise gate. I kind of ruled out the noise gate because the spider 2 has one built in that I have activated, then again it couldl just be a really ****ty noise gate. Anyway, this is killing me cuz I was so psyched about this guitar and trying to practice with my band is a pain in the ass because we all leave with this horrible high pitched ringing in our ears. ANY help would be appreciated! Thanks.
+My Gear+
Schecter Damien 6
Line 6 Spider II HD Stack
Crappy Old Cort G-200
Where are you standing in relation to the amp?
RIP SYD
Member #6 of the "SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4lifeSZ to join.
pickups could be worn out or not wired properly, but the amp probably doesn't help things very much...line 6 are digital...thats all i need to say
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Im standing about 5 or 6 feet away from the amp most of the time.

Yes I know I fell for the Line 6 marketing. I LOVED it when I first got it but now it just sounds horrible.....

and what do u mean by an anti-feedback lead?
+My Gear+
Schecter Damien 6
Line 6 Spider II HD Stack
Crappy Old Cort G-200
ur pickups are more powerful. probably more than the amp can handle at high gain.
plus they are the stock emg-hz series.

point the amp away from u. put the amp in front of u, buy a longer cord and save for a new amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Aug 24, 2006,
Quote by jj1565
ur pickups are more powerful. probably more than the amp can handle at high gain.
plus they are the stock emg-hz series.

point the amp away from u. put the amp in front of u, buy a longer cord and save for a new amp.

Or just go wireless and stand outside your house