ok so ive heard that my guitar the ovation Gc057 supposbly dosnet play good in electric form like when i connect it to an amp and put and effects peddle on it supposbly it has to much feed back noise and dosnet distort so good is this true ? and well aslo what amp do u reccoment and effects pedal working with super tight budget around 150
wait you ran acoustic through distortion? Do you like your ears, or even ur amp for that matter. Ok dumbass theres a big hallow echoing hole with a microphone in it, a lot of feedback and high gain isnt gonna affect it. Hmm. PWNED!
Why are you wearing one sock? I Know, you've been a dirty little boy.
Electric is for amps... Acoustic isn't ... Understood? Noob
.x. Bullet for my valentine .x.rule .x.

--------

.x. H.I.M .x.

/\ .x. Saving up for a new laptop .x. /\
hmm this is what i wanted to clear up
Quote by jimtaka
1. this guitar will work as well (if not even a little better) for the solos you are wanting to play. this guitar can play through any pedal (i.e. distortion) just like an electric can, so no worries there.

2. you said you like the guitar and having it makes you want to pick it up and play it. that's what you want out of a guitar, especially as a beginner. you want something you like and enjoy playing and something you want to play. if this guitar meets those standards then you are all set.

3. it shouldn't be too quiet to hear when played with other acoustics. the only thing that might drown your guitar out would be like a solid rosewood back and sides martin or something of that nature with a really really boomy and loud bass response. just taking a guess at your skill and age level, i doubt you will have to worry about anyone you'd be playing with having a guitar like this.

all in all, you're good to go man. you need to quit worrying about what guitar you have and whether it's the right one and just play the thing!

one more thing... you said you are going to be picking up an amp soon. make sure you get an acoustic amp and not an electric one.

oh and also... you don't have to be the best writer or the most articulate person in the world, man. just try using some sort of punctuation between your sentences/phrases/thoughts/whatever. again, i'm not trying to be rude to you at all. it's just in your own best interest to use punctuation. you don't even have to use it correctly necessarily.

so i guess i misunderstood him hmmm wht do u guys think
Last edited by KalRaynor at Aug 24, 2006,
I'm with Kal on this one, who says you can't run an acoustic through effects (including distortion)? John Butler holds pretty much universal respect in the acoustic forum, and he runs his acoustic through a wah and an overdrive into a Marshall Jubilee.

Similarly, some of the must successful songs of all time have been recorded with a distorted acoustic. "jumpin' jack flash" by the Rolling Stones, one of the quintessential guitar riffs, is a distorted acoustic.
Guitars
"Dakota" - Fender Splatter Strat
"Jacqueline" - Maton CW80
Last edited by jase_connor at Aug 25, 2006,
It can be done, but feedback will be an issue. At the very least, a soundhole feedback buster would be a safe bet.

Oh, BTW...while John Butler is revered here for Ocean, most of the people haven't heard any of his other stuff. Its a shame, I saw him live a couple years ago, absouletly amazing player and band.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
so it can be done ok wht will i be needing than

wht kind of amp?
wht effects peddle?
soundhole feedback buster ?
Feedback Buster or the like (sound hole anti-feedback rubber cap)?
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor?
need somthing to clean my guitar with?

hmm and well the feedback umm is it worth it or just buying a starter electri guitar later

and well dont have that much of a budget about 150?

as well wht do u guys recommend to make it sound better?

whts a pickup for? do i need some in my acoustic ?

can it be put in an acoustic?

wht else can i mod in my guitar? i think i might need a pickguard due to me scratching up my black finish a lot and well how would i mod this screws bolts?

k thanks
Last edited by KalRaynor at Aug 25, 2006,
if you want to hear someone who uses a miriad of effects on acoustic listen to some john butler trio, he mainly uses distortion and wah but throughs others in as well
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Stop being illiterate. It's spelt "pedal". That is all.
Psycho Killer,
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Fa fa fa faa fa fa fa fa-fa faa

Quote by Paul Brannigan
Pie is like bread, but just with more pie in it
ok but thiers different brands models kinds of effects and dont get me started on amps i hav eno idea abou this thts why im asking for help wht brand wht price whts good at all
Quote by KalRaynor
ok but thiers different brands models kinds of effects and dont get me started on amps i hav eno idea abou this thts why im asking for help wht brand wht price whts good at all

wht? Ei tuosta saa kirveelläkään selvää. Mihin sulla on kiire? Paremmin me osataan auttaa kun ymmärretään mitä sä höpiset.

Yeah. Take that!
hmm if i knew wht language that was it id try to repond but from what i kno i dont think its german.russian,french,korean,japanese,greek,

what is it armaiac arabic wht it looks german
Probably Finnish. Look where chips is from

arse
Psycho Killer,
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Fa fa fa faa fa fa fa fa-fa faa

Quote by Paul Brannigan
Pie is like bread, but just with more pie in it
notice the name of the thread "amp and effect pedals"... not "amp and distortion pedals".

ovations sound gr8 with a slight reverb/delay
"A one that is not cold is barely a one at all!"