yeppp..... im buying an ESP LTD EX-260 and i dont want a TOM i want a floyd rose original in it can they be switched out? and where can i get a floyd rose online because there is no dealers in canada (i already checked e-bay ) its is a Tune-O-Matic with stop so... if anyone can help me with pricing of a F-R-O or tell me if they can be switched plz let me know
In the night I crave to feel your breath,
and your touch like angel of death.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
\m/_\m/
( " ) ( " )

This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help him on his way to world domination!!
first, you're going to have to route out the proper hole for for the FR, buy it (+$100 for a good one) and insert it, which I'm guessing at a luthier would cost around $250 - 300 with the cost of the trem. Needless to say, you should just buy a guitar with the trem installed.
Dickless.
you would have to route the guitar..... they sell bridges that can be hooked up to the pegs on a tune o matic so it gives you that trem arm but you wont be able to make the pitch go up only down to do like dive bombs
I don't recommend getting anything under the 400 series since they pretty much suck balls. I would save up a little more and get the EX-400 and then get a OFR installed. The only problem, is they are a bitch to set-up and to maintain sometimes, but they are worth it. It will cost you about 200-250 US more if you go with the 260 and a OFR with instalation, but if you wait a little while and get the 400, trust me it is definitaly worth it.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by MetalMilitia212
can you actually raise the pitch with those?

On the website, it says that the stetsbar has range almost equivalent of an American Strat trem.
Last edited by wylde_overdrive at Aug 24, 2006,
so you can but it wont be that large and yeh i wouldnt bother with a EX260 it wont be that great. also how much will you be using the trem? do you know how to set it up?
realistically speaking you're going to be spending the same amount that you bought the guitar for just to get a FR installed, its just not worth it with a lower end model.........i think the only explorer shaped guitars with FR's you can get are the epiphone goth ones?
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
realistically speaking you're going to be spending the same amount that you bought the guitar for just to get a FR installed, its just not worth it with a lower end model.........i think the only explorer shaped guitars with FR's you can get are the epiphone goth ones?

theoretically you can order a Custom ESP Explorer wiht FR but realistically you won't be able to afford it
Quote by azn_guitarist25
theoretically you can order a Custom ESP Explorer wiht FR but realistically you won't be able to afford it

Yea gd point, but i mean the only production model explorer with floyd is the goth series by epiphone/gibson right?
^That I know of, yea.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

You can always sand down the paint and repaint it. Thats what I would do.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
Line 6 Spider II

i would burn it rofl, yeh its too flashy for my liking with the paint but decent guitar thats for sure
well looks like i am ****ed eh?
In the night I crave to feel your breath,
and your touch like angel of death.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
\m/_\m/
( " ) ( " )

This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help him on his way to world domination!!
Or you could get a flatmount Kahler, no routing required ya know
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50
Jcm 800 (to be replaced soon)

BIG
yes but a kahler is not exactly a floyd rose. so ts if you thinking kahler go to your guitar shop look for jeff hanneman sigs with kahlers and try them out
True a Kahler isn't EXACTLY a floyd, but it'd probably be a lot easier, for just about the same thing, right?
Esp Ltd EC-400
Wylde Overdrive
Dano Eq
Fab Chorus
Boss Ns-7
Boss Me-50
Jcm 800 (to be replaced soon)

BIG
You could get the Epiphone Goth Explorer with FR and buy some EMGs. Then it would be cool. It's got a Mahogany body too. But you should probably sand off the Epiphone logo on the headstock :P

Edit: Not bashing Epiphone!!!!

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
I don't know much about kahler or stetsbar, but can they both pull up?

I only know that the Kahler is cam based, so it's probably pretty smooth, ZR like I suppose in term so responsiveness, range and control?
The ZR trem is very nice. The Stetsbar and Kahlers that I know of can't go up.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
Line 6 Spider II