17 15%
Voters: 112.
Page 1 of 2
Tony Iommi
Randy Rhoads
Jake E. Lee
Zakk Wylde
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Quite frankly, I have the most respect for Tony Iommi. However, I prefer Randy Rhoads. He put his heart and soul into rock 'n roll. Zakk Wylde has no soul. Jake E. Lee was amazing, but still no Randy Rhoads or Iommi.

Randy > Iommi > Jake E. Lee > Common tree stump > Zakk Wylde
Check the polls. It's a preference. Go figure!
Randy baby. Then Jake
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
oh, oops, for some reason when my computer opens there pages it goes to the top of the thread, so I cant see the poll.....sorry...my mistake....Rhoads
God Am wrote:
Randy > Iommi > Jake E. Lee > Common tree stump > Zakk Wylde

HEHE, thats funny.
I like Rhoads best.
In fact I pretty much agree with God Am except for one thing:

Randy > Iommi > Jake E. Lee > Common tree stump>Osama Bin Laden > Zakk Wylde >
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Bin Laden - the root of all middle school insults. None of them are good.
dont make me pick between wylde and rhoads!!!
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Quote by Jaffaps2
Seriously they all are **** compared to RR

How is that? Randy can play fast yeah, but they all can create catchy riffs, and all have a lot of technique. Besides, Iommi has two fingers - Try playing like that.
Quote by AdamDK
How is that? Randy can play fast yeah, but they all can create catchy riffs, and all have a lot of technique. Besides, Iommi has two fingers - Try playing like that.

Who the **** told you that? He has all of his fingers. He just lost the tips of.. two or three of his fretting fingers, but he got caps to replace them. He downtunes so they work better. Do some research, boy. There are guitarists who play with one finger, though.
Rhoads was one of the first to integrate classical influences into his sound and he can play fast yeah, but he plays equally melodic too.

Plus he inspired ZW to do the pinches he does every 5 ****ing seconds, what a pain in the ass.
Yea, RR for sure, then Jake, then Iommi, then...........well Zakk does have that one cool blues riff......
Quote by God Am
Who the **** told you that? He has all of his fingers. He just lost the tips of.. two or three of his fretting fingers, but he got caps to replace them. He downtunes so they work better. Do some research, boy. There are guitarists who play with one finger, though.

Ah yeah, taht's right, thanks for correcting me. Sorry for the wrong information,
there's no denying they are all good guitarists but there is nothing like a little death to make someone a legend.
Quote by Jaffaps2
Rhoads was one of the first to integrate classical influences into his sound and he can play fast yeah, but he plays equally melodic too.

Plus he inspired ZW to do the pinches he does every 5 ****ing seconds, what a pain in the ass.

**** you. Ritchie Blackmore / John Lord started in the 60's, even before Deep Purple. Randy was 80's. Oi. Do I have to correct everyone today?
Quote by Jaffaps2
there's no denying they are all good guitarists but there is nothing like a little death to make someone a legend.

Because people didn't worship Kurt Cobain, Randy Rhodes, Dimebag Darrel and the likes BEFORE they died. You're just TRYING to be a prick. You need practice, because all you look like is a fool.
The fact is, they all are good guitarist, but the songwriting is what sets them apart. Randy was by far the best songwriter for Ozzys' style, Jake was great, and wrote some classic Ozzy tracks, Iommi, well, he started it all, but Zakk, he kinda just filled a void and played hotrod blues, he is much better with BLS, I just think Randys' style of songwriting, especially at the time, fit the whole devilish, evil ozzy schtick. Also , I think if Randy would have lived , he would be a cross between a full out classical acoustic player, and Yngwie. No dought he had the chops, no one really knows what he liked best, rock or jazz, or classical, but it was no secret he was talking of leaving Ozzy after the tour when he was killed....
But really......as a player, you can not say Iommi is a better guitar player than Randy, come on, not even in the same league, I've been playing 2o + years and know most of Sabbaths stuff and all of Randys, technically Iommi is basic, Randy, ....very complex
Quote by God Am
Because people didn't worship Kurt Cobain, Randy Rhodes, Dimebag Darrel and the likes BEFORE they died. You're just TRYING to be a prick. You need practice, because all you look like is a fool.

not to be too much of a prick but i must correct you. its randy RHOADS! not rhodes

and heres my list
randy rhoads>tony iommi>jake e lee.(only heard one of his songs, but it was quite good.)>zakk wylde. (again ive onl heard a little of his stuff, but this time i didnt like it.)
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Last edited by marvelboy_04 at Aug 24, 2006,
Quote by marvelboy_04
not to be too much of a prick but i must correct you. its randy RHOADS! not rhodes

and heres my list
randy rhoads>tony iommi>jake e lee.(only heard one of his songs, but it was quite good.)>zakk wylde. (again ive onl heard a little of his stuff, but this time i didnt like it.)

Don't sweat it. My mistake.
Quote by God Am
Don't sweat it. My mistake.

its cool. it was just kinda funny after you corrected the other guy.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Humility is the most important lesson in life.
^

Iommi...come on, he wrote the godsdamn Iron Man AND Sabbath Bloody Sabbath riffs. Randy may have shredded his finger-deficient ass out of the water, but Iommi wrote the growliest, grovviest classic rock riffs there are...apart from Blackmore, Iommi is THE classic rock guitarist for me. And he has a better claim than any other man alive or dead to have created heavy metal.
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
Never stated this in my post, so I write it now.

The thing that puts me off Zak Wylde is the excessive use of artificial/pinch harmnics! I like then, but it's annoying hearing harmonics all the time!!!
Quote by TheUnholy
^

Iommi...come on, he wrote the godsdamn Iron Man AND Sabbath Bloody Sabbath riffs. Randy may have shredded his finger-deficient ass out of the water, but Iommi wrote the growliest, grovviest classic rock riffs there are...apart from Blackmore, Iommi is THE classic rock guitarist for me. And he has a better claim than any other man alive or dead to have created heavy metal.

Iommi wrote 'em, Randy made them sound good, Sabbath, or , Iommis' sound was horrible, and he was tooooo basic, no fills, no lead skills, but, you are right, he, or Blackmore are the godfathers of metal, maybe even Tipton as well, he really had the metal sound down pat very early on
Damn i clicked the wrong one... add one for rhoades?
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
What the hell? Randy Rhoads is known on this forum as being so great so most of you puppets just say.. "oh randy must be good".. Iommi has created the most legendary riffs of all time and his soulful solos are amazing.
Minister of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartBreaker to join
#6 member of the oasis fan club
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
'89 fender american strat
Vox ad15vt
Peavey raptor plus EXP(bridge: alnico 2 pro)
yamaha f-310p
Last edited by The Iron Man at Aug 24, 2006,
Actually, I've always been a Randy fan. Incidentially, shove it.
Quote by The Iron Man
What the hell? Randy Rhoads is known on this forum as being so great so most of your puppets just say.. "oh randy must be good".. Iommi has created the most legendary riffs of all time and his soulful solos are amazing.

Iommi wrote some great riffs, but at the same time , Randy wrote some great riffs that Iommi coludn't play still today, and the comparison itself shows that Randy is a better and more influential and inspirational player, Iommi has been playing for the public since the 60's and Randy was only here a brief time, and the fact that there is a comparison at all surely says more for Randy than Iommi. Two great players, one has to be better, in my opinion that player is Randy
Quote by stratomaster74
Iommi wrote some great riffs, but at the same time , Randy wrote some great riffs that Iommi coludn't play still today, and the comparison itself shows that Randy is a better and more influential and inspirational player, Iommi has been playing for the public since the 60's and Randy was only here a brief time, and the fact that there is a comparison at all surely says more for Randy than Iommi. Two great players, one has to be better, in my opinion that player is Randy

I can play all of randys stuff and vie been playing what? 2 years

I think Iommi could play the stuff rhoads could, he only has 40+ years of playing under his belt.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Page 1 of 2