I just wanted your take on this?

I was looking at this schecter hellraiser on ebay for like 650 used canadian?

Of course used guitars arent bran spanking new, but they do sound the same and are cheaper right?

but then again it might not look as good?

but dunno? do you like buying used stuff?
I like buying used stuff, but id personally stay away from ebay, my cousin uses it heaps and he has no problems, but i prefer stores which sell consigned stuff. Having said that, should be no problem, 650CAD is a bit much isnt it?
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
well on ebay you cant test it to see if it works
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
$650 cnd is like what? 35 cents? J/k I love canadians.

I really don't like to buy used stuff, but if I get a chance to play it at a store and I save enough money then I think about it.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
well i would ask for ****loads of pics and get the guitar to be shipped with a hardcase for personal reasons.
Don't ever buy musical whatnot online. (unless it's a book or strap or whatever) You have to test things and inspect them personally, especially if it's used.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by ufossuck
Don't ever buy musical whatnot online. (unless it's a book or strap or whatever) You have to test things and inspect them personally, especially if it's used.

...No...no. Ebay kicks ass for gear, you can get a Mesa Boogie Mark IV that's in 100% working condition for like, 600 bucks. Not everyone on there is from China and will rip you off.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Quote by Cone 21
...No...no. Ebay kicks ass for gear, you can get a Mesa Boogie Mark IV that's in 100% working condition for like, 600 bucks. Not everyone on there is from China and will rip you off.

I have to agree, I've bought probably 15 or 20 guitars on Ebay over the years and have only been mildly dissappointed once or twice. The keys to successfully buying used are: good, clear pics, a detailed description about what kind of shape it's in and, most importantly, a seller with lots of positive feedback. If you do all of these things and make certain you're getting the guitar at a good price you should be fine, with the worst-case scenario being that you resell it if you're not crazy about it. I've actually resold a number of guitars I bought on Ebay for a tidy profit, and I've gotten some great axes (as well as amps and other gear) for less than half the money I'd have paid at a music store or pawn shop.

ufossuck, I don't mean to pick a fight here, but do you honestly believe that U2 sucks so bad it's inarguable? Or is it a joke? I'm not their hugest fan but I'd say that the Edge has at least enough talent for it to be debatable. Hell, even Nirvana and Kiss, I mean they're better than, say, Britney Spears. Or for that matter, Britney Fox.

Although, now that I think about it, "Beth" does make me want to take my own life.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Last edited by fatgraymatt at Aug 25, 2006,
My ebay purchases:

Phiga Hybrid: Great guitar. Very high quality. Totally handmade really inexpensive.

Phiga Tiger: Ditto

Phiga Zen: Ditto

Used Alembic Lil Darling: Awesome guitar. A jewel. Excellent shape reasonable price.

Used 1974 Gibson L5S: Awesome guitar. One of Gibson's finest solidbodies.
Excellent shape. A lock to go way up in value. A total STEAL in price. ( I later
came to find out this guitar was owned by well known Chicago Jazz player
Fareed Haque).

Infer what you want from that.